1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Emotions in Worship

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by LarryN, Jul 6, 2005.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That's an over-used verse often taken out of context. Let's quote it the way we want it to read:
    "Whether therefore you eat, or drink or smoke pot, or do cocaine, or whatsoever you do, do all to the glory of God."
    Hey, if your motive is right, perhaps adultery is to the glory of God :rolleyes:
    Lust has its emotions too. You can rationalize anything you want, and make the Bible say anything you want. But sin is still sin. And we all shall give account of ourselves some day.

I take it that you don't watch professional baseball.

Majorl League Baseball

Brawls are one of the biggest problems that face the Major League right now. If you think that there are fights in the NHL (most people do) take a good hard look at your MJL baseball. Violence is on the upswing.
    Read the entire article. There is a lot that goes on in baseball.
    It falls in the category of amusement and entertainment. But is it godly? Is it glorifying to God? How does this "build one another up in the faith?" How is it carrying out the Great Commission? What does any of it have to do with living the victorious Christian life. Is there any Scriptural basis for this at all. I haven't seen it. No one here has provided any.
    DHK

2. OCC

OCC Guest

"That's an over-used verse often taken out of context. Let's quote it the way we want it to read:
    "Whether therefore you eat, or drink or smoke pot, or do cocaine, or whatsoever you do, do all to the glory of God."

Hey DHK, that's mighty low of you to imply that I meant to use that verse in a sinful way. Where did I say to commit adultery to the glory of God? I don't know...you are the one advocating committing adultery to the glory of God. You said it right there. The problem is you think watching a baseball game is a sin and can't be done to the glory of God. I believe the opposite.

So there may be a brawl once in a while at a baseball game. If you go to the sports forum and see what I said about fights in baseball, you would have seen that I don't approve of that. I want to watch baseball...not a streetfight. But you didn't do that did you? No...you didn't.
    :mad:

I got a question for you? Do you ever watch the news or read the paper? Heck, have you READ the BIBLE? there's lots of violence in there. The more you write here, condemning myself and others with no actual basis for doing so, the more you assure me that I am bang on right.

Have you been to CHURCH? There is lots of garbage that goes on there too. Have you driven down the street? Lots of garbage and violence going on there too. Please don't tell me you drive with your eyes closed so you don't see it...you'd be the cause of more garbage.

The article says, "While the intimidating pitching is just part of the game, the reactions of some players have gotten out of control. I understand the nature of protecting teammates, but some major league managers have taken some unwritten rules into their own hands.

On June 14, there was an altercation between Tampa Bay infielder Marlon Anderson and Pirates catcher Jason Kendall. That also turned into a melee with several players getting suspended."

Notice the key words here DHK. "...into their own hands...". "...suspended...". Those words indicate that any type of brawl has no place in baseball. And I never said they did either.

I am sorry people that this thread got off onto an entertainment/sports tangent. I didn't take it there.

3. OCC

OCC Guest

"I take it that you don't watch professional baseball."

Actually, I do. Go to a few games a year and watch some on tv.

I take it you DO watch it since you seem to know so much about it...how ungodly it is, etc. Or should I just take it that you like to read the news (for the information, not the entertainment eh?) thereby negating everything you say?

4. OCC

OCC Guest

I think we'll take this to a new discussion. Is there any way to move this page to a new discussion? If so, I will start it off. If not, well...I am not the one who took this thread off on a tangent.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I am shutting this thread down on page nine. Prayerfully---if someone wants to start another thread----that the subject won't get sidetracked. But if it does----I'll shut it down, too!