1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Encourage one another

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by agedman, Oct 2, 2017.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    History indicates that the opposition to true believers brings savage persecutions, the weeding out of those who are fakers, and the purifying by the faithful sampling the sufferings of Christ.

Believers of this time will not escape just as the sufferings of those in far lands is but a picture of what will come to both Europe and the Americas.

What can pastors do?

Teach the people to implant God’s Word and to communicate with each other using His Word.

Demonstrate and model abiding in Him, earnest prayer, and searching the Scriptures.

What else would you place as important for the believer in time of distress and persecution?

2. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do we handle the extraordinary isolation you come to feel after discovering that it is not right to embrace Western culture fully?

As horrible as this may sound, I cannot hang out with sinners lost in their sins of lust, open anger, callousness, and greed. This means that most entertainment in the West is now not suitable to me, a saint. I feel very blessed to have such a high standard of living compared to my spiritual family and outsiders overseas, yet it feels like there is the absence of that, should I call it "escape," that we all got addicted to when children.

Also, about the only safe people to hang out with in my younger age bracket are believers now, given getting everyone together usually means having a raunchy party to millennials.

3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord has placed us in the world, but not of the world.

There is most certainly a disconnect for the true believer, who, as we all must, walk among those who despise the light, push back against the light, and even plot to destroy the light. For the true believer is a lamp lit by the Spirit of God and set by God before the world as His ambassador.

Although the world would hold the believer to a standard of perfection, and mock any failure by great and fervent proclaimations that mark that person as a charlatan, a liar, and not to be trusted, the true believer knows in the heart the truth.

The true is at best we must proclaim that which Paul so eloquently and others have agreed is the condition of their own life.
    "It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all." (1 Tim.)
    Recognizing that we are, as all are, the chief of sinners yet miraculously redeemed by the grace of God, such allows us not to condemn the World, for even Christ was not given that mission (for the unbeliever is condemned already). Rather, as ambassadors, our mission is to tell of the redemption and reconciliation of the Savior.

Always it is that the believer is not to be in the world, have fellowship of the worldly, and are to be distinct in all our ways from that which the world places as noble. We are to be wholly Holy.

Do not allow the worldly and their influences to distort the calling God has placed before you.

For ultimately, the single driving reason behind every decision is to follow the will of God as revealed to each believer through His Word.

4. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you, the parable of the sower came to mind. This could very well be a test. Do I value the worries of this world, the luxuries of this world, or other things to the Gospel above obeying God's Son Jesus Christ. Simply put, am I willing to have a less pleasurable life than a non-Christian in order to be true to the Gospel and my conscience?