1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

End Times - 4 Ways the World calls down wrath

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Apr 21, 2010.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I believe that God authored Lev 18.

I am thinking that abortion is one of the things that could qualify as the killing of children listed in that chapter.

Not sure how you get that to be "only sexual sins" matter to God. But I will grant you this - in the Lev 18 chapter He states that a nation that commits this kind of rebellion will be terminated and in fact He states that several were terminated for that very reason.

in Christ,

Bob

2. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

The way you (and some others) quote this scripture in isoation (of its context, and the rest of scripture) as saying that these two sins are different from (worse than) others does suggest that that is what only matters to God. We have heard much preaching over the decades about how this was a good nation, until the period the sexual revolution occurred. Now, all national calamities are seen as God "judging" the nation, and they always emphasize those two sins. You sound like you're agreeing with that now.