1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured End times thoughts - continued

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Covenanter, May 26, 2018.

?
  1. At Pentecost

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. AD 70

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. At the rapture

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. When Jesus returns

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The ones that will not pass away would be the generation alive at time of the Second Coming of Christ!

2. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the scriptures. I think what most fail to see in several of them is when Jesus took his place at the Father's right hand, he made David's Throne global, fulfilling God's promise to Abraham. David's Throne IS God's throne.

Here's a few verses supporting this.

“Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly.” 1 Kings 2:12 (KJV 1900)

“Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king instead of David his father, and prospered; and all Israel obeyed him.” 1 Chronicles 29:23 (KJV 1900)

“And of all my sons, (for the LORD hath given me many sons,) he hath chosen Solomon my son to sit upon the throne of the kingdom of the LORD over Israel.” 1 Chronicles 28:5 (KJV 1900)

“Blessed be the LORD thy God, which delighted in thee to set thee on his throne, to be king for the LORD thy God: because thy God loved Israel, to establish them for ever, therefore made he thee king over them, to do judgment and justice.” 2 Chronicles 9:8 (KJV 1900)

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom...........it is spiritual. Moreover, “Jesus replied, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born from above, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? He cannot enter his mother’s womb and be born a second time, can he?” Jesus answered, “I tell you the solemn truth, unless a person is born of water and spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3–5)

Verifying that only the saved would occupy a physical millennium if it ever were to exist.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's the lay of the land.

Jesus now sits on David's Throne since his resurrection/ascension Acts 2:29–33. This is the "kingdom" symbolised by the Jewish "Millennial Kingdom" Revelation 20:2 that Jesus said was "at hand" Matthew 3:2, "within you" Luke 17:21, "not of this world" John 18:36 and "comes without observation" Luke 17:20, being spiritual in nature.

And one must be born again to see it John 3:3. It is the kingdom many still look for physically in Premillennialism and Dispensationalism even though it has been here unnoticed by them, and in heaven since Pentecost 33 AD. Where Jesus remains on David's Throne/God's Throne 1 Chronicles 29:23 until the resurrection of the dead at the end of the world 1 Corinthians 15:21–26.

““To him who overcomes will I grant to sit with Me on My throne [future], as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne [presently in heaven]. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”” (Revelation 3:21–22)

“And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration [New Heavens and Earth] when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.” (Matthew 19:28)

“Then I saw a great white throne and Him who was seated on it. From His face the earth and the heavens fled away, and no place was found for them.” (Revelation 20:11)

““When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.” (Matthew 25:31)

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Kingdom of God shall be extended over the entire earth when Jesus returns!

6. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It already is...........who do you think Gog and Magog are if not saints in glorified bodies?

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of the nations on the earth will come unto Jesus as the King, how do nations go before Him in heaven then?

8. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of the elect from all of the nations. Been happening since Cornelius' baptism in the Holy Spirit.

9. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    It already does. Look at Christendom's footprint.

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean like in Middle east, where isis still beheading people? Do you thing King Jesus will allow that to ghappen here if ruling in his Kingdom?

11. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus rules the nations with a rod of iron. Even in your idea of a "Millennium". And God still pours out his wrath on all who reject Christ. But at the same time, many Christians are martyred and rewarded accordingly in their entrance into heaven. You must clean up your own "millennium" before you try cleaning up someone else's.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Millennium reign of jesus is the Messianic Age, and during that time, there will be no isis running around, no sickness, no wars, no other religions, a sits Paradise restored!

13. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    .... and in that wonderful Paradise restored the vast majority of the population will be waiting for the release of Satan...... Revelation 20:7-8

14. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    .... and John sees the SOULS of the martyrs -
    And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, flesh and blood cannot inherit this kingdom. So Jesus will rule over the Saints in glorified bodies with a rod of iron? And Satan will deceive them (Gog and Magog) and bring them against the rest of the saints in glorified bodies? And Christ will destroy those he redeemed and glorified?

16. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read Rev. 20 - that IS happening during the millennium -
    John sees the SOULS of the martyrs -
    And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshipped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
    Clearly the martyrs are suffering for their faithfulness today, and & resurrected & ascend to heaven at death to live & reign there with their Saviour. Of course their names are in the book of life from their first resurrection when they are born again, passed from spiritual death to life.

Revelation continues with the release of Satan & the final rebellion. Fire from heaven destroys them. Then the GWT final judgment - where all the dead are judged. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was acquitted.

And we enter the NH&NE.

• Like Like x 1
  17. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What?

Am I reading correctly or did you miswrite?

NO ONE is "acquitted" "whose name was not found written in the book of life," that is just not Scriptural!

ONLY those who are in the book of life, have life. NONE other!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Revelation 20:15 in context ...

[Rev 20:11-15 NASB]

11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one [of them] according to their deeds. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those are the oines killed off during the great tribulation time, right before the Second Coming of Christ!

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL at the Great White Throne are pronounced guilty as charged, so the resurrection of the saved and lost are not same event!