1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Endtime Trib 7 years or 3.5 years - what source?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Aug 19, 2006.

?
  1. I am not Evangelical I don't believe in 7 or 3.5 year trib

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. I accept the future tribulation (7 years or 3.5) but don't think about where it comes from

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. I believe it is in Dan or Rev but don't know where

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I believe it is detailed in the 490 years of Daniel 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I see it in Dan 7 and 9 and Rev 11 and 12

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  6. Options 4 and 5

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. None of the above

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is primarily for evangelicals and is intended to help me understand the various views people have on the source for the tribulation.

If you believe in a 7 year or 3.5 year tribulation period at the end of time - this poll is for you and your participation is most appreciated as it will help me see the acceptance of different views.

What source do you see for the 7 (or 3.5 year) tribulation?

Where do you get it from?

Daniel? Revelation? Matt 24?

What ACTUAL text do you use when you think about this to get 7 years of tribulation before the coming of Christ? (or 3.5 years if that is your view)

In Christ,

Bob

2. music4Him

music4Him New Member

We have been studing Rev. for the last month and 1/2. Although I messed up on my answer to the poll... because I was having a blonde moment and I was thinking about the rapture not the trib which the tribulation will be 7 years the rapture is 3 1/2 - 7 years. :smilewinkgrin:

3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok - and "the source" that you use for that 7 year period?

(No matter how you divide it with various events at the 3.5 year mark)

4. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For those picking option 4 and 5 --

Dan 9 uses the day for year 70 weeks - so 490 days which is 490 years. (And I assume the last week (the 70th week) is what you are using to get to the 7 years at the end of time right?)

In Dan 7 and Rev 11 and Rev 12 we find the 1260 days instead of the 490 days of Dan 9.

Do you stop using the day-for-year rule of Dan 9 in those cases?

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

"...because I was having a blonde moment..."

If so, and given the photo posted, obviously 'blonde moments' have nothing to do with hair color. I personally call them 'Senior moments', and have for several years although I have not that long been a 'senior', except above the neck, obviously. :tongue3:

"...the rapture is 3 1/2 - 7 years. :smilewinkgrin: "

Now that's a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ng rapture?? :laugh:

Ed

#5 EdSutton, Aug 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2006
  6. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ok we have one of the "none of above" what about the others? Where does it come from if not in the sources listed in the poll?

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Well I know by what scripture says its not going to be a a rapture at the begining of the tribulation. I lean more to the 3 1/2 year rapture of the church when the son of perdition is revealed in the middle of the seven year peace treaty. But the trib from start to finish is 7 years. Some believe that they will be here for the duration of the 7 years of tribulation. So when I had wrote 3 1/2 - 7... I should had wrote 3 1/2 "or" 7 years one or the other. But I believe we will go through some stuff before the rapture happens. For instance more tornadoes and earthquakes in areas that usually don't see them or are very rare. More natural disasters, more violence, more lawlessness...ect.

8. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I think Scripture makes it quite clear that the rapture will happen prior to the tribulation in both the OT and NT. The tribulation has a two-fold purpose which does not invovle the church. There is no purpose for the church going through the tribulation.

9. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    OK so you voted for Rapture THEN 7 year trib?

Where did you get the 7 year trib? Which option?

10. panza1_99

panza1_99 New Member

Rapture comes first.
    Seven yr. trib. next [ac will break treaty with Israel after 3.5 yrs.].
    Sources:Dan.,Rev,Matt. [better yet, the Words of Jesus Himself!!!!]..:thumbs:

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Dan what? Rev What? Matt What? (In fact anything in Matt pointing out 7 years trib would be good to know)

12. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There will be the tribulation for 7 years.
    The first half of it, 42 months, will be relatively milder than the latter half.
    In the middle of 7 years, there will be partial rapture, not for all. ( Rev 11:12)
    The remnant of the people will give glory to God, when they saw the rapture ( Rev 11:13)

and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven

The woman have been protected in the wilderness for 1260days ( which was the period while Jesus was preaching). Like Jesus the church preaches in this world for 2000 years ( symbolized as 1260 days).
    Dragon try to fight the remant of the woman ( Rev 12:)

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rev 11:12 makes no reference to 7 years.

Nor does Rev 11:13. Surely that is not where you get "7 years".

Why is 1260 days equal to 2000 years??? Wouldn't it either be 1260 years OR 1260 literal days?

Where do you find a Bible formula stating that 1260 days in prophecy = 2000 solar years?

14. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chap 12 tells about it.
    It starts with the birth of Jesus and his ascension, thereafter the women fled, and would be protected until the dragon is driven out from the heaven. Apparently it is the endtimes. The period is described as 1260 days (12:6) Then the woman was protected for a time, times and a half time ( 3 times+ a half time) which means 3 years and a half, specially protected from Dragon, then the Woman is not mentioned any more ( because she is raptured), there will be only the remnant of the woman ( 12:17)

Chap 11 and Chap 12 are like Gospel Luke and Gospel Matthew. Read them carefully.

15. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Comparison between ch 11 and ch 12 of Rev.

1. 1260 days : ch 11 describes it for the 2 witnesses to testify
    ch 12 for the woman to be protected in the wilderness (of this world)

2. 3 days and a half : ch 11: - 2 witnesses died, after 1260 days, until ascension in v 12
    ch 12: - v 14 tells - Woman fled and protected against Dragon, after 1260 days, before the Earth swallow the flood.

3. Remnant : ch 11 - give glory to God, after the Rapture of the 2 witnesses
    ch 12 : - Confront the Dragon, after the Earth swallowed the flood to help the Woman.

4. Jesus Christ : ch 11 Our Lord was crucified (v 8)
    ch 12 a Man-child to rule all the nations with a rod of iron ( v 5)

The period from the Birth of Jesus Christ to the End of the Grace period is mentioned as 1260 days in chap 12: 6 and the rest of ch 12.

#15 Eliyahu, Aug 29, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  16. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    OK so 3.5 years. (You seem to think that after the Messiah came died and rose again - and acended to heaven that the church was only persecuted for three and half years - instead of 1260 years but that's another story).

But 3.5 years is not seven years.

in Christ,

Bob

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Rev 11 we have 1260 years (the dark ages) where the Bible (the OT and NT) is being preached under persecution.

IN Rev 12 that same period of time - 1260 years - the dark ages is the time following the time of Christ where the Christian church is persecuted.

You seem to be arguing that these are two different periods of time - right?