1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Energizing the People

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by PastorSBC1303, Sep 2, 2003.

1. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Have you pastors and/or leaders found any effective ways for truly getting the people in your church energized regarding evangelism and sharing their faith with people? I am so tired of new programs and etc. I just would like to get people motivated Bibilically to be Great Commission Christians. Any thoughts??? :confused:

2. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The first thing I always do is to pray for me of like hearts. I pray for men that want to grow and are willing to pay the price. One of the first things I do is to begin doing ministry with them personally. I get to know them as a friend first though. I let the relatiinship develop and then someday I will ask them if they would like to go visit someone with me. Often I will mention the person's name. I try and be flexible with their schedule. Eventually you can train them in ways that will makes them leaders that are capable of leading others. Eventually a number of people want to be a part of something that is moving. That is when I start small groups where the people come prepared. Most often I start with just a small group of people. I know of a church that I spent two days visiting with each of the staff. At one time the church was about 250 and not doing well. One of the staff started meeting with just five key men. Ten years later the church was over 4000.