1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

English as the official lanuage

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds good but in this liberal state it will barely get a hearing. We've given thousands of illegals drivers licenses, welfare, health care etc. and probably voting rights since Dept. Motor Vehicles offers voter registration with the licenses.

It is harder for a citizen to get a license than it used to be for an illegal - recent changes are supposed to say no to illegals but time will tell.

Citizens have to prove citizenship but illegals were only required to tell them they weren't citizens.

Walmart is doing more and more labeling in Spanish. Some has little to no English.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep us posted, will be interesting to see how far it gets thru the system.

Salty

PS
    Exscentric, why dont you run for the State Assembly?

4. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh: keep you posted you say, I live here and you informed me - kind of tells you how big a hearing the state will give it :laugh:

Run for office, not me, temper tantrums and calling people liberal idiots aren't acceptable on the floor. :thumbs: The newspaper hasn't printed my last two letters :tear:

The city is spending millions to upgrade railroad crossings so the railroad can stop blowing the whistles for the sound threatened folks, yet they are also spending millions to bring big airplanes in with all their louder and more frequent noise - newspapter doesn't like logic I guess!

If I find out anything I will post it!

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Como esta usted?

Si! I agree with my fellow amigo, all those in this country should speak English. I am so tired of being left out of nearly every conversation I try to eavesdrop in on at the local cafe!

Pastor Paul :type:

6. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've been searching since my last post on the legislative site and local (capital) newspaper and find nothing. Noticed this was printed in January. I'v heard nothing of the bill and I read the local paper and listen to a conservative talk guy a lot and have heard nothing so imagine it died and early and quick death.

The constitution says the legislature will meet every other year. The boys and girls in 07 decided they needed to meet yearly so they scheduled an 08 session to see how it would work.

The government cares nothing of the citizens thoughts, nor laws. We pass changes in elections and the legislature decides literally that we didn't understand the bills so over turn them.

Government is out of control.

English in a coffee spot - surely you are a dreamer. One morning I wanted coffee and a breakfast sandwich. I had to point at the coffee machine and to a picture of the sandwich I wanted!

Told the wife the other day is she wants spanish atmosphere we could go to Burger King :laugh:

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. exscentric

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya, that has been ongoing for years, school system wants their way even though it has been proven unprofitable in other states. They are the elite and no taxpayer or legislator is going to change their minds.

They allowed students to march in the hispanic protests about immigration last year.

The school system is liberal to the core - always wanting more money to fund more programs that don't work.

I emailed the talk show to see if they know anything about it.