1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ENPR: Hillary's Wins Raise Prospect of the Unthinkable -- A Contested Convention

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 5, 2008.

1. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

I have served, and I think that we are needed there. Not only that I served so that others can have an opinion with out standing a post. Last I looked we still have an all-volunteer military. No one is drafted, or forced to serve in the military. If someone does not want to fight in a war then they do not have to join. And that is ok too. I do not think that by serving I am a better American, it just means I am an American Veteran.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The post had nothing to do with whether we should be there or not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. So am I. It is one thing to have an intelligent discussion about the war, it is another to read posts where the individual has no idea what he is talking about.

It is one thing to really believe we should be over there fighting, and quite another to treat it as an amusement. Some people think it is another movie to watch for the night's entertainment, without having a clue as to the cost of freedom.

Oh, and by the way, most wars of the past were not all volunteer.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    None of which is related to the attack on these United States on 9/11/2001. I am really surprised how eager conservatives/Republicans are to justify the invasion of Iraq based on Iraq violating United Nations resolutions. Don't you folks hate the United Nations? I am also surprised that conservatives/Republicans justify the invasion of Iraq on the basis of these United States being the world's policeman in the service of the New World Order. Don't you folks hate the New World Order?

4. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Exactly right.

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Only when it suits them Ken...

Jamie

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Senator McCain is conservative as compared to Senators Clinton and Obama. Compared to Ronald Reagan, Senator McCain is not a conservative.