1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Entertaining Angels Unaware

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tyndale1946, Nov 6, 2022.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 13: 2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Well have you had an experience like that?... Tell us about it!... Brother Glen:)

2. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I have I was unaware of it.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah... My thoughts exactly but then you think about it later and go nah!... Then again has something happened and you wonder how it happened?... Were their angels unaware... Listen there have been to many things happened to this child of God... To it be just coincidence... Now tell me you and others have not experienced the same?... How about you Jon?... Brother Glen:)

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just wonder if we've "entertained" angels unaware on the BB. :Wink

I can't think of a specific time.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  5. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No but I can say were have entertained members who have entertained angels unaware... They're called testimonies... And I've heard more than my share... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Keith Mullins

Keith Mullins Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Totally agree. I have no doubt we do and there are more than a few testimonies I have heard that support such. One that I experienced that comes to mind was after I had preached a message on the good Samaritan on Sunday, I was on my way to Wednesday night service and saw someone walking in a terrible rain storm when the temperature was in the 40s. My first instinct was to proceed to church but felt like the Holy Spirit wanted me to stop. I stopped and offered a ride. He got in and I found out he was going about 15 or 20 minutes past our church. I took him all the way and he was concerned I would be late for church. I told him I was the Pastor and that they would understand. Never saw him again and have wondered about that event. The timing was too perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have experienced them, mostly it’s afterwards you realise it was one of them. They appear as very ordinary people, but exude a very particular confidence. There is also their timely appearance and supernatural efficiency gives them away. They know things they couldn’t possibly know if they were human. But over the years I’ve learned their MO, I’m onto them.
    I played along one time, but at the end I made sure I shook his hand and said ‘ Thank God for you mate ‘ and he gave me big knowing smile, raising his eyebrows and said “ That’s right “.
    He knew that I knew.

We are constantly asking God to send His angels to help and protect us, done so from a very young age.

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm. Wasn't a robot. But a guest from a non-existant IP address?

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or an existsnt one. You know, the BB gets around :Wink.

On a serious note, we often dealt with Christ on the BB in that the manner we deal with each other is how we deal with Christ.

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of my goals is to ask God how many times He has sent His angels to intervene in my life for whatever reason! There are times I can look back and with virtual certainty see an intervention, but I just wonder how many times you have had to stop for a light because some yo-yo was creeping along & you couldn't get around. Was there a reason for that??? Or you start out in the AM going to work, you're running late, & the car wont start so you gotta take time now to go through the "jumping" process! Only to find a couple of miles from your home there has been a terrible wreck that you find out happened at just about the same time you would have been there if no car problems.
    I strongly suspect that we will find a whole lot of these type nuisances were for our protection!
    As Paul said, "Thank Him in all circumstances"!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    They intervene all the time, without them we would be dead, God placed them with us as our tireless defenders and help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Without them, Jesus would have died.

13. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    interesting. How so?

14. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    isn’t the Holy Spirit our defender and guide?

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can think of two times rather directly. After the extremely long wilderness fast and while sweating blood in the garden pre-crucifixion. And they doubtless would have saved him at the cross, were that not at cross purposes with His plan. But, no, I’m not going to try to make a doctrine out of it.

16. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sure. But what you will discover on the other side, is a countless ecology of unique spiritual beings created and empowered by The Holy Spirit for particular purposes. Heaven is not just inhabited by God, but a great host of amazing spiritual creatures as well.
    These are what we call Angels. I know I have encountered them, especially in street ministry.
    We don’t even make a big deal of it anymore, we expect their help as common place when they show up.
    They only show up for the time allotted their mission, they don’t hang around. I’ve seen them disappear as I blinked. Then I kneel and make thanksgiving to the Lord, who truly has awesome servants and loves us to send them to us.
    I’m starting get a wonderous picture of heaven after encountering these characters, but that’s whole nother subject.

If we don’t go out to the extremity of Faith and trust in Jesus we can’t experience these servants of God in action.
    We don’t deliberately put ourselves in danger to see if God will send us angelic help, we aren’t mucking around. We spend more time in prayer than we do in ministry, but it is far more efficacious, even when we are lead to go to the most dangerous of places.
    Sometimes after prayer, we discern that we are not meant to go out at all.

That’s why secular outreach look to us for help, the “ faith based “ outreach. They burn out trying to take on the sufferings of this world and it is far beyond them, as naturally good and generous as they are, without the grace of faith they burn out and fail or go into a type despair. Without Jesus they can’t do anything.

We have prayed over many secular burnouts and ministered them to faith and love for Jesus. One guy said it was our sheer conviction that made him believe in Jesus. I told him that our faith is not our own but a gift of God, and that as we spoke the Word to him, he received it and believed and so thank God above alone. The fire of Grace is the Living Power that gives Life our dead bones, it is Living Water from The Glory of The Eternal Father.

Those who truly hear the Word believe and receive all they need by His Holy and Precious Grace.

Anyway, servants of The Lord will recognise servants of The Lord.

All babies know their guardian angels, being so helpless. Each of us has seen them in infancy and to us they were entrusted at conception like spiritual Samurai, and loyal members of our family.
    The guardian angels last mission is to conduct you to Christ, when you see him at death, he will be completely familiar to you. You will see all he has done for you by the Will of God and you will praise and thank God for it in awe.

Many have a totally stunted understanding of the spiritual realm, they don’t live the supernatural reality that is our Faith in Jesus. Angels are not a part of their lives and journey, they are not real to them, but are 2 D historical figures on a “historic document”.

Angels are very real, don’t waste your life ignoring them. Like all friends of The Lord, let there be brotherhood.

#16 Cathode, Dec 21, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  17. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Follow your angels promptings, ask for docility and the awareness of them. A friend of mine drove very tired late one night and fell asleep. He woke up in his drive way in the morning.
    200 miles of winding road he knew he never drove was driven for him.

Years ago I drove tired and I asked my angel to slap me awake if I fell asleep. I did fall asleep, and I was slapped so hard I still feel it. But in that slap I felt a correction and rebuke, and that I should not drive tired but stop and sleep till I was refreshed. Very unpleasant.
    I think if we depart from the common sense the Lord gave us, its kind of like putting Him to the test.

We are meant to do what is in our power to do and what is proper. Many times it’s when our earthly answers and powers are exhausted that we receive help.

18. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The angels have a joyful confidence, and they are especially noticeable when we are travelling, or in dangerous situations.

But angels aren’t just here to guard and protect us physically. They assist us in prayer and contemplation of God, who they are always contemplating.
    They help draw us into deeper contemplation because they are standing in the full power of God’s Glory.
    They guide our minds and will to God’s Will, they are especially close to us in our sufferings.
    It’s their presence that tends to us, that joyful confidence thing gives off a light and heat that is felt by our souls.
    They also help dispose to reconciliation between people, one of the great dangers facing a soul is grudges and unforgiveness.
    We are not forgiven if we cannot forgive others, God forgives our sins as we forgive those that trespass against us.
    Grudges cut off salvation, because we can not expect the enormity of our sins to be forgiven, if we hold some piffling grudge against someone. It’s a gross insult to God’s Love and Mercy.

Grudges cost people’s Salvation.

Angels prompt us and help us bring God’s order to our lives.

They guard us in all our ways, physically, mentally and spiritually.

They have an Authority over us, much like assigned guardians in this world, only their authority is given directly by God and they are chosen specifically by God to be our guardian.

Angels don’t take credit, they direct all Praise to God, like one of my encounters. They don’t take the lime light, they do a specific task and go. They never hang around, and attract fascination.

Angels guard us against undue temptation, they direct our hearts and minds towards God.

Angels are Holy. A part from that joyful confidence thing for lack of a better description, they have a sacred gravity to them that is unmistakable.

Angels are all unique. Nell’s guardian angel was completely different from mine.

Use them for family gatherings to heal rifts, and impart their joy, ask God to bless these times by his Angels, and those times will be blessed. Their presence drives out evil and negativity.

The worst stone we can dash our foot against in this life the hard stone of unforgiveness . We are crippled by it and can not move on.
    The Angels are there and assigned to prevent that, help us move on to eternity with God.

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have a passage from the written word of God that gives you reason to think that?

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe. Do you have a passage from the written word of God that gives you cause to think that?