1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Entire Bible (NKJV) on CD

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by saturneptune, Jan 6, 2010.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My wife got me a CD set of the Bible for Christmas. I have been listening to them in my car from time to time. Does anyone else do this, and if so, are you able to concentrate on the message? I am really enjoying it myself.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I used to ahve bible on cassette, yep it's been a while, and to me consentration was a problem, which is why I quit using them. Found them this summer when I was preparing for a yard sale and ended up giving them to a man who can't read, he sometimes gets his wife to read the bible to him, now he can hear it anytime he wants.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I have the New Testament on CD in the NLT translation. The recordings are dramatized. I have listened through the complete set once. I will start round two in a few days.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's funny, I was thinking about my Alexander Scorbee tapes the other day and how much use and how I enjoyed them years ago. I used to read along with him alot (KJV).

Who narrates on the CD set you got?

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The series is called the Word of Promis. It is narrated by Louis Gossett, Michael York, Gary Sinise, Richard Dreyfuss, Jim Caniezel, Marcia Harden and Joh Voight.

6. zrs6v4

zrs6v4 Member

Ive had a couple of different ones. I have used them on long trips, but have found that it is harder for me to focus.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

No, "a while" is if you used to have the bible on 8 track.

I recently had borrowed the Bible on CD by James Erl Jones. It was a bit creepy listening to Darth Vader reading lamentations.

8. RevGKG

RevGKG Member

accidental double post

#8 RevGKG, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
  9. RevGKG

RevGKG Member

I have the same set (Word of Promise) and really enjoy them. I have a set of head phones to listen with and this really helps keep distractions out (btw the headsets are not used while driving). There 79 cd's from Genesis to Revelation and I lsiten to one cd a day (about one hour) except Thursday I listen to 2 cd's and in 73 days you listen through the whole Bible. That comes out to 5 times in a year. Usually I follow along in the text, but sometimes just listen.

10. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I don't have a CD player in my car, but I do have a cassette player and have the entire Bible on tape. I listen to them while I'm driving, which is rarely. If someone steals them from my car, I will figure they need them worse than I do.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Yea, I love it. I have the NLT on cd and I listen to it from time to time. I can get real caught up in the historical accounts when listening on cd, so I have to be careful driving. :laugh:

12. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Some folks have music playing in the background, in our home we have Alexander Scorbee(on cd) reading almost 24/7. I enjoy it.

13. CoJoJax

CoJoJax New Member

I used to have the KJV dramatic audio bible, but I gave it to a friend to use after I had listened to it many times. I thought it was pretty cool. It was really hard for me to focus listening to the audio alone.. I found it more effective listening along with reading the Bible at the same time. Was especially helpful with KJV when it came to learning how to pronounce a lot of words.

CJ

14. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I have enjoyed audio bibles for a long time. I recently got the new testament by Johnny Cash and it is the best I have tried yet.

It is the NKJV and new testament only.