1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eph 2:14-16 proves the impossibility of a separate future for Israel.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by canadyjd, Apr 9, 2021.

1. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This passage explains essential truths concerning the relationship between Jews and Gentiles: i. e. Israel and the Church.

Paul tells us Christ’s work on the cross accomplished the following...

1. The OT Law has been abolished.

2. The two groups have been transformed into “one new man”

3. The two groups are brought before God by the same Spirit.

Many believe God will re-establish national Israel where OT sacrifices will be restarted and Jesus reigns for 1000 years on the earth.

For that to be true, the work of Jesus on the cross would have to be undone.

The OT Law would have to be re-established.

The “one new man” would have to be undone: separating the two groups which Christ has brought together.

The work of the Spirit bringing both groups to the Father would be undone.

Bottom line. The work of Jesus on the cross will never be undone, therefore there can be no separate future for Israel and the Church.

peace to you

#1 canadyjd, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All Israel is not going to be saved as a Nation, nor become the People of God. Only those who believe and are drafted back to the Lord Jesus Christ, as Paul tells us in Romans 9-11.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just one point, the bringing together occurs "in Christ" thus "All Israel" refers only to saved Jews and Gentiles. But I agree with your presentation of the truths presented in Ephesians 2:11-22.

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that the OT sacrifices will be re-started in a rebuilt temple in Jerusalem before the second coming.
    At the appointed time, Anti-Christ will sit in the mercy seat in the Holy of Holies and declare himself to be God, and that will usher in the Tribulation which lasts for 3.5 years, gradually getting worse and worse.

Jesus Christ will send forth His angels at the 7th trumpet, and gather His elect from the four corners of the earth.
    His feet will touch down and He will split the Mount of Olives in two, making a large valley.

He will then establish His throne at Jerusalem and His saints will rule and reign with Him for 1,000 years, with Satan being bound for all that time.
    I disagree.
    As I don't see there being any sacrifices in the temple at Jerusalem when the Lord rules it ( only before His second coming ), then there is nothing that nullifies His sacrifice for us as believers.
    The Jews as a nation still practice some of it today,
    but it will not be valid during the 1,000 years, as Messiah will be reigning at Jerusalem.

Those sacrifices will cease when Anti-Christ puts a stop to them halfway through the 7 year covenant before the Lord returns.
    I agree.
    There is no separate future for Israel and the Church.

When the Lord comes again, all the remaining Israelites will see Him for what He really is, and mourn for what they have done to Him.
    They will see Him whom they have pierced, and all Israel shall be saved.

6. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Once again, I have no idea what the point of your post is? Are you saying Jews are different from Gentiles once they are born anew? If so, your view is unbiblical.

Rom 10:12
    For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him;

Gal 3:28
    There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:9-11
    Do not lie to one another, since you laid aside the old self with its evil practices, and have put on the new self who is being renewed to a true knowledge according to the image of the One who created him—a renewal in which there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and freeman, but Christ is all, and in all.

7. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is NO going to be any third temple. Jesus Christ IS the Ultimate Sacrifice of the sins of the human race, and God has made sure that any temple building would be impossible, as that mosque in on the site.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree.

In order for the abomination of desolation to actually take place,
    there must be a revival of the Old Testament sacrifices at Jerusalem in the days leading up to the Lord's coming.

In point of fact, there is now a movement in Israel ( and has been for decades ) to rebuild the temple that was destroyed in 70 A.D.

Update on the Building of the Third Temple | Jewish Voice
    The Temple Institute - Wikipedia
    The Temple Vessels Are Ready for the Rebuilding of Jerusalem's Third Temple | Messianic Bible
    Zehut’s Feiglin says he wants to build Third Temple right away
    Temple Institute encourages Jews to hope for Third Temple in new video

It will happen; When it does, watch out...
    The man of sin will not be far behind, my friend, exactly as Matthew 24 and Mark 13 lay it out.;)

We are in agreement that Christ is the sacrifice for sins...

But if you believe that God will not allow another temple to be rebuilt on the site of the first two, then He would be going against His word.
    Anti-Christ will indeed enter the Holy of Holies in the next temple, and sit in the mercy seat...declaring himself as God.

The events of Matthew 24 and Mark 13 must play out, or the Scriptures are not God's word.

#8 Dave G, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  9. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ezekiel's chapters 36-48 proclaim God's redemptive plan of what WILL happen to genetic Israel.

Ezekiel's chapters 36 and 37 are quite specific of God's redemptive plan to what WILL happen to genetic Israel.

Replacement Theologies of every sect that promotes it is Satanic in origin and practice.

10. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe that God chose Paul to reaffirm this in the book of Romans because Paul was the one Apostle that was thoroughly educated in the Old Testament scriptures. Including the book of Ezekiel. Paul did not cast off the book of Ezekiel like the Replacement Theologists do.

11. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As always since I have been on here the natural brethren disagree with the spiritual brethren and the literal brethren disagree with the historical... Van I don't expect you to understand what I posted but Iconoclast did because he looked at it with spiritual and not natural eyes... Inward means born again children of God, no mater what Nationality... Dave, as always you literal brethren are still trying to put the abomination future... Question if the abomination is not passed then pray tell me how the gospel could be spread?... You are questioning God's sacrifice was not good enough?... Jesus Christ is the sacrifice!... Jesus Christ is the temple!

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand... Spoiler Alert!

[​IMG]

You literal brethren really get me, you push the past into the future... You must think somehow that the American Eagle is going to stand in the temple?... Why do people of Judea flee to the mountains, they got vultures chasing them?... No they flee because the Empire Of Romes Army is going to lay the Jewish Temple to to the ground and kill everyone that opposes them!... So you brethren carry on with your fantasy because us historical brethren don't buy it... Brother Glen:)

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sir, you do not know whether I look upon scripture as a born anew believer aided by the Holy Spirit or not. For you to post as if you do is twaddle.

There is no justification in posting without making a stated point. Again, such posts are twaddle.

And making at least three obvious misrepresentations of my view is just vicious twaddle.

13. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Typical Van!... Everyone that disagrees with YOU is twaddle!... Oh look folks, they are picking on me folks, and I can find many posts where you say it!... Van man up!... How come Iconoclast got it and you didn't?... This applies to ALL born again children of God, Jews and Gentiles but the inward Spirit of God (Holy Spirit)... Christ in you the hope of glory... in the man allows for the outward (man of the flesh) man to serve God... You don't have the born again Spirit Of God... (and as bullheaded as you are Van, you do!)... You are NONE of his... Brother Glen:)

Btw... Van... I disagree on many things you post and there are even some I agree on, just don't call me out!... The next time I will just ignore you and move on... I'm looking for a discussion and you are looking for an argument!

#13 tyndale1946, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like all Calvinists, all you do is find fault with others. I did not see the stated purpose of your post.