1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ephesians 4:31 and 32

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Diggin in da Word, May 4, 2006.

1. Gib

Gib Active Member

Not really. He's wearin' soap.

2. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

WOW! Talk about going off subject [​IMG]

3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Gina started it!!! :D [​IMG]

At least I was polite enough not to say nekkid! ;)

4. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

Come on, what a bunch of junk! :mad: We need to argue about something! [​IMG] Someone might come along and question whether we are really Baptists. [​IMG]

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

So that is what that letter in the email was about this morning. Spirit of Christ seems to be absent in all this, and I dont even understand the situation or what happened. MRCoon, good advice, blessed are the peace makers. Think I will look elsewhere than advice from Shiloh, as this is the same person that believes that outward appearance is the sign of a true salvation experience with Jesus Christ.

6. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

We are arguing, Shiloh.

We're arguing over whether or not we are off topic and who got us that way. I still say it was Gina!!!!!!

7. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

Outward appearance should be a sign of salvation. Out of your belly shall flow rivers of living water. If it is not showing on the outside, then it must not be on the inside.

One who claims to be of Christ but does not show love, does not bear the fruit of the Spirit, cannot be of Christ.

Ye shall know the tree by fruit it bears.

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes, and Christ also called the Pharisees whitewashed tombs. Those who judge by outward appearence and do not look for a changed heart miss the whole point of salvation. And Diggin, Im just going to bet you cant see a human heart.

9. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

NOW THAT'S MORE LIKE IT! Look in Matt.21:19 "leaves only" What...it was a fig tree wasn't it? Don't look on the outside, just look on the heart. I believe as Christians we need to show forth that we love the Lord enough to want to please Him. If you are ashamed....well let your hair grow long, drink your beer, smoke your cigarettes...man that didn't take long to get back on track! [​IMG]

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

I had absoutly nothing to do with it, some crazy woman keeps soming here do causing trouble. She jumped me when I didn't even know she exsisted, before I ever saw her here.

11. Diggin in da Word

Diggin in da Word New Member

saturneptune,

Jesus called the pharisees 'whited sepulchres' because what was on the inside was showing on the outside, no matter how pious they acted.

I stand by my earlier post.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

trolls need to be caught where ever they may be, cast into the soap and dried out.

13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

No but your theology does. The fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, etc. Now, will you please explain to me what long hair, short hair, green pants, blue pants, black glasses, or anything else has to do with these fruits. By the fruits you shall know them. It seems to me the thinking here is so superficial and worldly its beyond belief. What outward dress appearance would you use as a standard? The 1870s plains look of the midwest for the Amish? The lets wear a cross on our shirt look of the crusades? The knight in a tin suit look of the 1500s? The long flowing robe look of the Pharisees? What standard? Yours? HA!You mention other things besides outward appearance, you mention personal bad habits. ( I have no idea where that came from). No one ever said drinking was a good thing or a Godly thing. But I will tell you one thing, you have no more idea if someone drinking is saved or not than you can explain Einsteins theory. As far as cigarettes go, its not a good thing, but I have seen conservative Baptist churches where they smoked outside between Sunday School and Church. That does not make it good, its a nasty habit. But the idea that you can tell someones salvation by looking is a joke, in fact, it is quite sad.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Diggin,
    Dig some more.

15. standingfirminChrist

dress? God does not want man to walk around naked or even partially naked. That is why He made Adam and Eve coats of skins; to cover themselves.

We know we are not to walk around even partially naked because Adam and Eve had tried to cover themselves; but it was not sufficient covering.

Many today who name the name of God think nothing of wearing clothes that reveal cleavage. Many today think nothing of wearing halter tops that reveal the mid-section. Many think nothing of wearing bathing suits that reveal their nakedness.

Yes, I do believe God has a dress standard He expects His children to comply to.

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If all of you could see me, I would probably appear to you much more prudish, conservative in dress and manner, than you I would venture to say. I have always been a rather boring person. But you have no more idea about my salvation than another persons. I will agree with SFIC that revealing attire is inappropriate for Christians, however, I believe you all came out with long hair.

17. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I say we go with the Amish look.

Those kids are so CUTE in them bonnets! And how easy is it to accessorize when you only wear black and white?!

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I try to be modest but never going to say I am boring, prudish and conservative in dress and manner. I am "alive". I got one problem I am 67 years old, well 2 problems, slightly bald but handsome. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

POST QUICK!

Someone's editing the thread!

20. whatever

whatever New Member

I like Brother Bob's tie!