1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"Eternal life" - what Calvinists don't want you to know

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben Elohim, Mar 4, 2005.

1. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Wes;
    Have you considered that Satan didn't have anyone to mislead him but him self. We will always have our memories of Salvation which would be meaningless with out the knowledge of sin. I'm not saying man will ever reject God again once in Heaven. But then I don't know and neither does anyone else. I'm sure there will always be rules to live by even in Heaven. As long as there are rules there are consequences to breaking those rules. It's true we will be like Christ but surely even Christ has discipline don'tcha think !
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

2. Kiffen

Kiffen Member

:rolleyes: So....you have received a gift to be able to judge the hearts of people you have never met? :rolleyes: [​IMG] Yawn! [​IMG]

3. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I don't see how you could relax, when you have to constantly be looking at your works to make sure you are persevering. Otherwise you may not really be a saint.

4. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Kiffen;
    Oh no it's KIFFEN and I can tell your fit to be tied. How dare anyone to object to Calvinism in your presents. ;)
    I haven't judged anyone's heart just there words and there religion. Instead of attacking me why not try proving me wrong. If you can [​IMG]
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us all;
    Mike [​IMG]

5. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi James
    Well let's see can you prove faith is a work? Since Paul said;
    Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
    How is it a man cannot have any works and still have saving faith. You see if faith was a work then Paul would have lied here. :D
    You have a bright day.
    Mike

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Have you considered that Satan didn't have anyone to mislead him but him self. We will always have our memories of Salvation which would be meaningless with out the knowledge of sin. I'm not saying man will ever reject God again once in Heaven. But then I don't know and neither does anyone else. I'm sure there will always be rules to live by even in Heaven. As long as there are rules there are consequences to breaking those rules. It's true we will be like Christ but surely even Christ has discipline don'tcha think !
    Mike [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]God answers that question TOO!
    With Death and Hades hurled into the burning lake, how would God punish anyone who does sin? There is no more death! God would have to create death again for there to be death in heaven.

Besides, we are at that time made holy and God is living among us! We were never made to be like the angels, so we would not have the ability to attempt to usurp the throne of God as Satan (Lucifer) did.

7. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Wes;
    Seems your saying man will no longer have a freewill in Heaven, that we all just become puppets on a string. As I said before that no one knows for sure, but this is what I think. Man will always be challenged, without which life becomes stagnant. If we are to live eternally we must be eternally challenged. There is no challenge with the possibility of missing the mark. There is no chanllenge with out choice.
    Mike [​IMG]

8. johnp.

johnp. New Member

9. The Archangel

The Archangel Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    To All,

The sad thing here is this: So many of you don't seem to know what Calvinism really is. There are so many misrepresentations of what we, as Calvinists, believe. I wish that you would take the time to study what we believe before you try to change our minds. At the very least ask us what we believe; don’t assume you know (especially those of you who are anti-Calvinistic.)

The idea that the “p” in the “TULIP” acrostic allows Christians to be lazy is absurd at best and it is a blatant misrepresentation of what we believe. No one in his or her right mind would suggest that we are trying to live a “Lazy” faith (unless your goal is to slander us—and that is not how Christians are to treat one another).

Calvinists believe that the Bible affirms three things (Among others) 1) Man is required by God to respond in repentance and faith, 2) Man, because of sin, has a heart which is incapable of responding to or seeking after God, 3) God intervenes and gives certain people (we call them the “Elect”) a new heart which then allows them to respond to God in repentance and faith.

So, please, PLEASE, do not misrepresent us to spread your anti-Calvinist venom. It does none of us any good. Engage your opponents on scripture and a clear understanding of what they believe and why.

Blessings,

Archangel

10. rc

rc New Member

If anybody is "living like hell" on weekdays it would be Arminians....

I CAN do what ever I choose. If I slide and "Am not saved again" then oh well... Sundays right around the corner and then I can CHOOSE Him again. Since He is just begging me to come back to Him he'll accept me again... Hey, I'm saved again ! Ohh... Friday's around the corner! One drink won't hurt, I'll persevere again on Saturday. Whatever I choose! God has no control over me!

DO WHAT THOU WILLIST "Verse in the SATANIC bible"

11. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Seems your saying man will no longer have a freewill in Heaven, that we all just become puppets on a string. As I said before that no one knows for sure, but this is what I think. Man will always be challenged, without which life becomes stagnant. If we are to live eternally we must be eternally challenged. There is no challenge with the possibility of missing the mark. There is no chanllenge with out choice.
    Mike [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]NO, ILUVLIGHT, that is not what I'm saying. What I am saying is that we will be Conformed to righteousness, there will be no sin in us. There will be no Satan, No evil.

God's previous creation included those things! But not the New Creation.

12. rc

rc New Member

So if you have "free will" in heaven you can choose evil. For evil is only a parasite of good. Where there is evil there is a possibility of perverting the good. (which is evil). So... wow ! You can fall away even in heaven huh?...

13. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Be a lot of coming and going then between heaven and hell? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Getting a little quiet up here for me. Think I'll go downstairs for a challenge. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Someone mentioned this a little while ago, that there can never be security if free will is involved.
    There will always be a need for the ability to fall away even after the resurrection otherwise there is no free will! :cool:

They are never saved.

They must believe they are better able to cope than was Adam and Eve! :cool: They imagine that not having the snake around will make us more able than our first parents and in that they blame God for the snake He put in the garden.

johnp.

15. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

And if evil IS NOT an option from which one can choose?

16. Christlifter

Christlifter New Member

I think C's and A's are missing the point, especially Ben Elohim.

If you are saved, The Holy Spirit DOES dwell with in you, and you sin less, because of that. "IF your saved and you know it and Your life WILL surely show it." Henceforth you become more Christ-like, even though you may sin, that doesn't mean you "will" it every time. But sin does not characterize your life. Read I John and Romans all over again and study the Textus Receptus version of these.

17. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Well said! [​IMG]

Christ is the Vine and we abide in Him by faith if we cease abiding we die because we cut ourselves off as branches, but the eternal life is still there since the Vine remains. (John 15:1-6; Romans 11:19-22)
    </font>[/QUOTE]No, not well said. That we can "walk away" from our faith presupposes that we are the ones that started it. . .and that can end it. However, the Bible clearly says otherwise:

Hebrews 12:2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

NAS Philippians 2:13 for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

The reason so many people "fall away" is because they never had it in the first place. As the saying goes, a faith that fizzles had a flaw from the first!

NAS 1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, in order that it might be shown that they all are not of us.

NAS Matthew 15:13 But He answered and said, "Every plant which My heavenly Father did not plant shall be rooted up.

So let me ask you the question. Have you been planted by the Father? Do your roots go down and grab hold of Christ, the only foundation?

18. Dave

Dave Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's another one to ponder:

John 6:37 - 39 states
    37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father’s will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

This would also seem to show the perseverence of the true saints, not by their hand, but by the hand of God.

If all those whom the Father has given to Christ cannot be lost, then it would appear that those who fall away were not part of the population that was given to begin with!

19. johnp.

johnp. New Member

HEB 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

6 So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

Praise the Lord. :cool:

johnp.