1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ethics investigation finds Palin abused power

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JamieinNH, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My thoughts exactly. If this is the best (or worst), then she's pure as the driven snow.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I don't believe so.

A case which has rightfully died. That too, IMO, was a political witchhunt.

From a person who doesn't have the authority to make that decision. It may be true, but this report has no authority to say that.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only person who is pure as the wind driven snow is Jesus. :) :jesus:

4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Did you read any of the report?

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

My only question is why wasn't this referred to the DA for a criminal investigation.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The Alaska legislature gave him this authority when the voted to have the investigation. He acted on their behalf so with their power. If she had objections, it should have been voiced before the investigation started and before the legislators made the decision.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Two things from my understanding can happen, Monegan can sue the State of Alaska for violating his civil rights using this decision as the foundation of his case and the Alaska state legislature can vote to proceed with impeachment hearings once they convene next year.

If nothing else, I think the power in Alaska has said loud and clear they don't like Todd running the state from behind his wifes skirt tail. They don't like having to go through him to get to her so we'll see if things change when the Palin's return to their duties as governor and first dude.

8. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

The Alaska legislature did not give him the authority to investigate ethics issues. Again, according to the Alaska laws cited in the news articles, this guy does not have the authority to issue ethic violations. That is a different group of people.

Admitting that doesn't make you a Palin supporter, just as it doesn't make me one.

9. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

That may be the easiest question in the whole deal: Because no laws were broken. The DA therefore has no role.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

So they told this investigator to look into the Gov. firing this dude's boss but we don't give you the power to find anything wrong? Be it ethical/legal or otherwise?

Pastor, you done out did yourself on that one... :thumbs:

11. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Again, if you go and read the actual stories you will see that the legislature authorized the investigation, but the ethics issues are investigated by someone else. Now the news stories may be wrong, but that's what they said.

He could find something legal wrong, and did not do so. You even agreed with that, remember?

I am not sure what "done out did yourself" means. But I suggest going back and reading the stories.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

Another "guy on TV" says he has no chance.

13. rbell

rbell Active Member

PL, there's no sense talking with LeBuick on this one. His hatred of Palin borders on irrational. Every thread eventually leads to a slam on Palin.

14. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Why is it hatred to point out that the republican candidate for VP was censured for ethical misconduct? The thing that bothers me most about this is the role her husband is playing in the government of Alaska. The panel report says that he spends half his time in the Gov's office and to get to Gov. Palin you had to go through him.

If Obama or Biden had been recently censured for ethical misconduct I think I'm correct in guessing that you would be all over it. Am I correct?

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

#55 carpro, Oct 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
  16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you have the same problem with Hillary?

If it was in fact legitimate. Hiring and firing is not. And there is no way anyone could know her motive.

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

Um...if you'll notice, I'm not a McCain supporter.

Also...it seems to me that you're more bothered by the husband's role than her misconduct.

I'm simply pointing out that we have some folks who turn each thread into one particular bash. For LeBuick, it's Palin. For you, it's the Iraq war. I have my own...but revealing it might admit a weakness. :thumbs: