1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eugene Peterson

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by CoJoJax, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Not really an issue. It's a Presbyterian church. Many Reformed churches don't have a ban against women as pastors or elders.

#41 Johnv, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2010
  2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Yeah, I know that. Like duh. Who doesn't know that?

I didn't say it was an issue; I said it was interesting. And conservative Reformed churches do not use women pastors, like the PCA, for example.

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the library there's a book by Mr. Peterson called:Tell It Slant: a conversation on the language of Jesus in his stories and prayers.(2008)

He uses the NRSV unless otherwise noted.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I believe the quotes and comments Marcia makes are of utmost importance and hits some key points which supports Nodak's observation.

When the paraphrases of man might be elevated to the level of 'truth' and offered to those who are unbelievers or those who only have a marginal understanding and knowledge of what The Bible actually says and teaches.... , instead of planting seeds of truth on which faith in Jesus Christ is established, we may be offering them a false and untruthful foundation on which the false promotions like earth worship, new age-isms, or occultic influences may enter.

I'm not familiar with the Message, and I've done a superficial search on The Shack... after hearing a report on Christian radio: But I do have a high regard for Marcia's God given insight..... and am thankful that God appoints some to be watchmen on the wall who sound the alarm for the rest of us when we need warning.