1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven's Sake

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by wpe3bql, Nov 18, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

"Not everyone can accept this statement," Jesus said. "Only those whom God helps. Some are born as eunuchs, some have been made eunuchs by others, and some choose not to marry for the sake of the Kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can." ---- Matthew 19:11-12 (NLT se)

It's been my experience that very little is written, taught, preached, discussed, etc., on this subject.

Perhaps one reason for this might lie in the fact that not many people can, as Jesus states, accept this teaching.

My question is this: How does one know exactly (beyond a shadow of doubt) whether or not being a "Eunuch for the Kingdom of Heaven's Sake" might be God's will for his life?

I've heard it been said something to the effect that, "If you can't get a girl friend, maybe that's God's way of telling you that He wants you to stay celibate for life," IOW, if girls get turned off at you, i.e., if you're "a loser".....Well, that's why you're "a loser!" When asked for where one finds that specific viewpoint in God's Word, the discussion usually comes to an abrupt end.

That being said, I look forward to reading your answer(s) to my question that I've stated above, especially when your answers include very specific Bible verses that very definitely address my question.