1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evacuation Plans for Ferguson?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 3, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.rightwingnews.com/race-h...orking-evacuation-plans-businesses-residents/

This is breaking news .... how true it is, I don't know, but it is sad if it is true. To know that a community may have to evacuate its citizens because of a racial divide in this day and age, is repugnant and shows that as a society and a country, we have still not come out of the Watts/Rodney King mentality. To think that a group of people [white and black alike] still believe that rioting and vandalism and destroying their own community to protest a legal decision, one way or the other, shows, we have learned nothing in the years since Mrtin Luther King preached equality and justice through PEACE!

Maybe someone on this board/forum can tell me what burning down businesses and hurting other's for their cause?

I have been led to believe that advocates in Ferguson will riot regardless of the Grand Jury finding and that is disspicable. They are said to be rioting if the officer is found guilty [in celebration and to protest the need to change the current police force]. And if the officer is not indicted, they will riot for Mike Brown and his family and because of the power hungry, racist white police force!

Looks like no one wins in this scenario!

So what do you think? Is this a phoney baloney report, or does it have merit, and if it has merit, how do you feel about the community wanting to riot for the sake of a riot? :tonofbricks:

I guess this is something to pray over, believing God's presence and peace will win out over the anger and aggression. :praying: Praying is what I am doing, and I hope many of you will join me! This is a sad thing, and it would a sad day for America! :praying:

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    St. Louis, MO, may be going the way of East St. Louis, which is a dying town. Clearly, Ferguson is ruined and the people who live there are ruined. It would be impossible to sell a house there now and probably many businesses will leave and never return.

0bam@ is sick in the head.