1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelical Church Alliance

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by PreachTREE, Feb 27, 2008.

1. PreachTREE

PreachTREE New Member

anybody heard of it?

I'm an Independent Baptist who needs an endorser to apply for the Navy chaplain candidate program. Does anyone know of any good independent church endorsers? So far I looked into the IFCA, GARBC, Grace Gospel Fellowship (I didn't know they didn't believe in water baptism). Any other independent groups?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What did you find out from the GARBC. You could also check with the SBC

Salty

3. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

There's also the BBFI

4. PreachTREE

PreachTREE New Member

Actually, I'm still waiting for a response. I asked if you can join as an individual. The SBC would not work because I do not go to an SBC church (or would it work? can individuals join the SBC?)

#4 PreachTREE, Feb 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2008
  5. PreachTREE

PreachTREE New Member

Well, I really don't want this to turn into a Fundamentalism debate (it might be inevitable :praying: ) but if you follow Tetreau's categories of fundamentalists, I was looking for a "type B or C" group.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same would be true of the GARBC. You would have to be a member of a church associated with the GARBC; and probally the same with IFCA.

Would you be able to change membership to the GARBC or SBC?

7. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

No debate needed since I have no clue what you're talking about. I'm familiar with them from my upbringing, so I mentioned them. Good luck finding the right fit for you. :thumbs:

8. PreachTREE

PreachTREE New Member

The IFCA does have individual membership; they actually have a separate agency for chaplains. Switching membership is unlikely because I'm heavily involved with my current church. The IFCA might have to be it. No one knows anything about the ECA? Thanks for the input guys!

9. Jimmy Clifton

Jimmy Clifton New Member

The Evangelical Church Alliance is a very reputable, legitimate organization, that is a "recognized endorser of military chaplains by the United States Department of Defense, providing ministerial credentials and support to chaplains in their role of ministry to military personnel and their families..."

You might want to check with the CBF.

Good luck!

10. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've considered doing chaplaincy through the SBC at one point...it would have been marketplace rather than military. The SBC is a good accreditting board, and right now there are plenty of opportunities that way. It is worth checking out.

I think military chaplains are great and commend it to many. :)

11. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I've never heard of it, but a Google search took me to the ECA website, at: http://www.ecainternational.org/ I hope that helps.

12. PreachTREE

PreachTREE New Member

I emailed the Conservative Baptists of America last night. Got an email this morning. I replied back with my number and he called me within a couple hours. I love those quick responses! I'm going to fill out the paperwork for the CBA and go from there.

13. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    PT, can you give us an update?