1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelism in a Post-Christian Culture

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Squire Robertsson, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with the author that discipleship requires teaching and inductive Bible study with people who will search the scriptures. I have been leading a mens online, Zoom, Bible Study for 19 months. We meet every week for approximately 2 hours and go through the scriptures together. This started when a new believer shared how God brought him to faith. I asked him if he would like to have a Bible study. He jumped on it. Since we were working and lived in different locations of the city, we started meeting on Zoom. More men have joined us and we are up to around 6 or 7 people every week. We have gone through Matthew, Romans, Hebrews, Exodus-Deuterinomy (survey looking for Jesus in the OT), 1 & 2 Peter. We will soon do a survey of the Prophets since Peter emphasizes the prophets in his letters.

Everyone of us in the group have been growing in faith. Those living in my area have met to go biking together. Others living in other states have joined a group text and we share laughs as well as prayer requests. God has been very good in guiding us through His word.

So, I agree with starting inductive bible study groups as a means of letting God's Word do its work in human lives.

• Like Like x 1