1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelism Training Center

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by generichaze, Feb 21, 2008.

1. generichaze

generichaze New Member

Hello,

I posted on this site LONG ago under the username oddchild but wasn't able to get the password...

Anyhow, I was recently banned from Lebanon... (God must have other plans)

Right now I am in the process of setting up a training center for missionaries who wish to do outreach in the Arab world. We will be teaching evangelism skills, as well as Syrian Arabic.

I was wanting to know what books might be recommended to have at hand for people who are "attending" the training center. We already have a lot of Spurgeon. :)

The training center is located in Malta. It has EU government, but is VERY close to Arab North Africa which makes for easy outreach trips. There are many Muslims on the island that we are able to witness to. (http://arabsforChrist.org/Malta/)

Any ideas?

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From Jerusalem to Irian Jaya by Ruth Tucker is an excellent biographical history of missions, with a good section about missionaries to Muslims.

It's too bad you had to leave Lebanon, but may God richly bless your new ministry. :type:

3. generichaze

generichaze New Member

Thanks, I have started reading it on googlebooks. :) I will put that on the list of things to pick up next time I go back to the States.

I just gotta remind myself, all things are in his hands...

Isaiah 40:15 Behold, the nations are like a drop from a bucket,
    and are accounted as the dust on the scales;
    behold, he takes up the coastlands like fine dust.

I got to call a brother there today, the Church that me and him started has grown to 60. It is really encouraging to hear that things are still going on there. :godisgood:

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord! That's wonderful. :godisgood:

5. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

The pope's visit to DC and NYC

sorry wrong thread

6. bapmom

bapmom New Member

do you know of H.E.L.P. ministries with Scotty Drake?

they go into many third world countries and work to help national pastors. This includes closed countries.

7. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

At the risk of sounding bold, might I suggest my site, it is tailor made for missionaries. You will find all of the commentaries,concordances,dictionaries,lexiocons, and on and on.There are free bible colleges and seminary studies, free literature you can send for or print out directly.
    I have about 200 links you can go directly to and they spider out to over 2,000 links. God bless your work.