1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelist Teen Ministry Question of Doctrine

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Evan, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's amazing how fundamentalists can ignore the clear teaching of God's word and dispose of grace in order to impose a legalism on other people.

It's also amazing how people can generalize so much as to paint everyone who doesn't agree with them in a broad brush of liberalism/fundamentalism instead of actually talking to each other like brothers and sisters in Christ.

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baptist Believer, changing your profile so that you can receive PM's might help. ;)

3. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm... Does it reveal your e-mail address? I don't need anymore spam or hostile people to get my "good" e-mail address.

My profile is set up to receive e-mail from moderators, but I assume they would not have trouble contacting me.

[ August 22, 2002, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Baptist Believer ]

4. Evan

Evan New Member

Justified: I am sorry to see that your wish no teens to be there! Hmmmm! Evan

5. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, the private message feature would not reveal your e-mail address. All PM's are contained within the system of this site alone, completely seperate from your private e-mail. There is an option for this site to notify you if you receive a message but, again, the general public would have no way to contact you via e-mail.

Also, those with moderator status have no way of viewing your e-mail address as they do not have access to our control panel. They would have to request it from an administrator. Your privacy is protected by this site as well as the law of the land. Checking the option to allow e-mails from the site is primarily for mass mailings that we send, such as the recent notification of the new forum.

Hope this helps.

6. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent. Thank you for that information. I have now enabled the PM function.

7. Evan

Evan New Member

;) Hello. A couple of days ago I was talking to a Pastor who was my Pastor when I was saved and we were discussing missionaries since he now serves on a mission board. He said that the board has missionaires on the field in other countries who are serving the Lord full time and doing well. Oh, by the way, they were divorced prior to their salvation and then saved. Now I don't know the circumstances of their divorces prior to their salvation, but just for conversation, lets say it was for adultery. Those who say you can't serve in a Pastor/Deacon/Evangelist role, what do you say about these missionaires? [​IMG] Thanks.

8. Sularis

Sularis Member

*Sigh* -

A position of leadership/preaching - no

A position of teaching, comforting, helping - yes

The ideal missionary is apostolic in nature, but the current theme of worldwide missions is not apostolic, but rather pastoral

Yes we have areas of unreached, but we arent focussing on those as much we're sending in follow-up missionaries after follow up missionary. Let the churches grow, give em what they need, then let them sink or swim, and only send in someone on occasion, or when the church asks for help. I see both sides of the spectrum in my travelling experience - missionaries too afraid to correct an errant church, because it might damage their independence, and missionaries not willing to let churches go, because they dont want to, or they feel no one is experienced enough