1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Evangelizing 2 associates at work ideas

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gib

Gib Active Member

Or something comes to mind. :wavey:

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

3. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Case in point

4. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evan, the other site was trying to help you. They(we) see you are setting out on a dangerous road. I'm sure you have the best intentions. However, best intentions have brought about unintended sin before and will until the end of the time.

Example:
    You start witnessing to this one. She begins to trust you. She begins to tell you struggles in her life. She even vents about her husband. You also begin to bond her and trust her. You start sharing things in life. If you keep going, you will naturally talk about your marriages ( you may not think so, but you will). You share the good and the bad. This woman becomes your emotional partner..... Which ask any woman on this board.....is almost as bad as having a physical affair. Before you know it, you may fall in love with this woman and she with you. Through this emotional relationship that might develop, a physical relationship may follow.....and we know where things go from there.

This is nothing against you. It is the relationship of man and woman. They are naturally drawn to each other. Do not put yourself in an unnecessary situation. Nobody wants to see you or your family get hurt. That was about last night.

5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Well I am not texting her anymore. We do exchange emails but mostly about work. So what do you suggest I do to stay safe and evangelize to her and her husband? Perhaps ask her if she or her husband need prayer and have any requests?

6. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you want to witness to the family, go through the husband. Or surely another female at you church could witness directly to this woman. Avoid anything and everything private with this woman. Non-work email, text, phone calls, whatever... Avoid it all. Especially if your wife doesn't know.

I know you said your wife doesn't like her or won't meet her....something to that effect. Still I would only approach this as a couple of go through the husband.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I do not know the husband. No one in the church works at my job. I said before that I am the only Christian working there.

#67 evangelist6589, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Got an idea. I will ask her if she can ask her husband if they have any prayer requests.

9. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another reason you need to stay away from his wife. You will damage your testimony with both of them if you keep crossing boundaries with his wife. And you will continue to act unloving toward your wife in violation of Eph 5 if you keep going behind your wife's back with this gal. Your marriage could be a powerful testimony but you have been throwing that aside for your own self righteous reasons.
    Love your wife
    Be the picture that the Bible calls you to be.

#69 blessedwife318, Jun 5, 2015
  10. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That doesn't mean a woman from your church couldn't reach out to her. If this woman has shown some type of interest, ask her if it would be all right if "Susan, this nice woman from my church contacts you?" ***Susan obviously is a fictional character***
    Or just invite this woman and her husband to church and introduce her to some nice ladies from your church.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many more times are y'all gonna go over this with him?

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

If you have nothing nice to say do not say it at all. In the meantime go find a rabbit.

#72 evangelist6589, Jun 5, 2015
  13. Gib

Gib Active Member

[​IMG]

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

She showed no interest in the gospel except she did show an interest in the Newsboys. So what then?

Would the prayer request be better? Maybe better just to pray for the family?

15. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pray for her and leave it in God's hands. This women had made it clear you crossed a line, your wife has made it clear you have crossed a line so stop trying to get justification for trying to cross the line some more.
    If she is the elect God will bring her to Himself and He won't do it at the expense of your relationship with your wife or her relationship with her husband.

16. McCree79

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can never go wrong with prayer.

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I will ask her if her husband or her have any prayer requests. It's not work related but then again she told me that she was my friend.

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With the male friend I am not sure since he is a Hindu not a Catholic

19. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel like you are the kind of person that is going to blame his wife, the coworker and her husband when this all blows up in your face because it's just never you that is the issue. You are playing with fire in the workplace and with your marriage. I hope you don't get burned in either case. I feel like this woman is politely giving you every signal in the world to back off. I pray you do just that.

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What wasn't nice about what I said? They've told you the same thing over and over for 8 pages now. How many more times are you gonna want to hear it?

Go find a rabbit? I have 8 of them. They're in the barn. Anything else you want me to do?

#80 Don, Jun 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.