1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Evangelizing 2 associates at work ideas

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jun 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And I pray you learn to be quiet and READ MY POSTS!!!!!!

I clearly said that I AM NOT TEXTING HER ANYMORE

2. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would study up on Hindu. Then start by being a friend. So kindness and compassion whenever possible. Then maybe one day ask them about their beliefs. Then ask them if you can share your beliefs. I wouldn't push to hard. Let God do all the hard work. Later on (days or a week or 2) asks him if has any questions about your conversation. Asking him to go to church with you one Sunday or invite him to a church cookout (if you have things like that).

With him being Hindu, I think he would flee from conversation if you ever pushed hard. I would approach slowly and gently.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simply moving on to her spouse is not leaving her alone.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Repeat this line after me 10 times.

God created talking rabbits and I am a talking rabbit. From This day forward I will be more polite and not act like a talking rabbit on thE BB.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will try:

John, I’ve given you advice on several threads. Here’s a summary of what I believe you need to do (take it or leave it, advice once given relieves the giver of all responsibility…the responsibility is now yours).

Stop looking for what you need to do and look at who you need to be. Look at who you need to be for your wife, your church, your friends, and the lost who come your way. You need to be a husband and a rock to your wife, a father to your son, a friend to your friends, and a beacon of light reflecting Christ to the world.

Again, advice once given relieves the giver of all responsibility…I hope you receive it with the sincerity it was delivered, but if not I’ll harbor no ill feelings. Think of it as a gift that you can keep and use or toss aside…and it’s not even your birthday! :smilewinkgrin:

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL

I will, if you'll repeat this line 10 times after me:

When I ask for advice, and people tell me something I don't want to hear, I will praise God for giving me advice I need rather than advice I want.

If you agree to this, I'll post a message saying your line 10 times. Then you'll need to post a message saying mine 10 times.

What say you?

7. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since he has already tried to blame his wife on the other board for why he had to text her secretly I would say you are correct.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Partly true but evangelism is also doing something

9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Preacher saw this thread and deleted me on his board.

I feel blessed to have gotten away from him :)

#89 evangelist6589, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2015
  10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you don't. You would not have kept posting there if you wanted to avoid him.

Pretty petty to take your 'parting shot' from another site.

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would hesitate to offer this type of advice. It has been made obvious that Evan is easily influenced in religious matters.

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How so? I'm not saying that there is not "work" involved. The difference is in who is "doing the work." What I am saying is that perhaps evangelism (and all we do) should be more ontological (to our new birth) than you are allowing.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Super inappropriate post!!!!!! Reported to a mod. Suggesting I could become a Hindu suggests I lack the Holy Spirit which is questioning my salvation.

#93 evangelist6589, Jun 6, 2015
  14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did avoid him when I was there!!!!!!

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How are we any different than the Mormons whom are very nice people?

16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mormons are an excellent example, John, that proves my point. There should be, as I just said, an ontological difference. Being "nice" doesn't save anyone any more than being "confrontational." God uses us when we are who we should be. We have to have the right relationships. It is not knowing about Jesus, but knowing Jesus. Mormons do many "right" things, but out of a misguided zeal. We do the same when we are not being the people we need to be (and when we are, then it will not be us, but Christ in us, that points others to salvation).

#96 JonC, Jun 6, 2015
  17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Grow up. You know well that I did not question your salvation. You are easily influenced by your books. Would it be insulting to warn someone who cannot see that he may be about to be burned not to put their hand in a flame?

If you continue, you are likely to do three things. 1. Further harm your marriage. 2. Lose your employment (harassment). 3. Destroy your Christian reputation. You have been warned of this by many people here and at the Doghouse...people who want to help.

You repeatedly start threads asking for advice. About Evangelism. About money. About church. About marriage. About alcoholic lemonade. When those who respond offer what you consider to be the wrong answer, it is time to issue Rabbits (This has happened so often it has become Baptist Board's own inside joke.). What you refuse to accept is that what you asked for has been offered with the hope that you will avoid making a mistake you will regret.

18. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

Should you wish to follow McCree79's advice and try to study up on Hinduism, I would recommend Winfried Corduan's book Neighboring Faiths: A Christian Introduction to World Religions. It's published by Intervarsity and is available from Amazon (ISBN 0-8308-1524-4).

It's well documented and indexed and its 360+ pages cover just about every "religion" there is today.

There are other "comparative world religions" books out there, but this is by far the best I've ever read.

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think that he was questioning your salvation, and perhaps you misunderstood his intent. Many of your interactions on this forum have shown that you are influenced by books and ideas of others just as much, if not more, than Scripture itself. Your interaction on this forum has led many to believe that you are unable to support your views by the Word of God alone (you provide a belief, a verse, but are unable to interact with Scripture and expound from Scripture to your belief). I think that he was merely urging caution, which I think is appropriate when anyone deals with another religion. Before you go there, you need to be firmly grounded.....NOT in your own beliefs but in the Word of God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.