1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Evangelizing people with family ties to religion

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by CF1, Dec 16, 2009.

1. CF1

CF1 New Member

How can we evangelize people with family ties to religion, which may be based on Tradition rather than the Bible?

How can we remove barriers while still holding to solid interpretation of the Bible?

What are some of the barriers unchurched people (with family ties to prior Traditions) have to connect with Christianity in it's simple, real form?

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Are you for some reason presuming that they're not saved? If they have a relationship with Christ as their Savior, it's not necessary to evangelize to them, regardless of how far from scripture their traditions are.

3. CF1

CF1 New Member

Yes, I'm speaking of the case where they are not saved. Thanks for the clarification.

4. David Michael Harris

David Michael Harris Active Member

I would say two things, constant prayer and you living Christianity to the full. There is no stronger witness than Christ within you.

5. CF1

CF1 New Member

Thank you for a really good answer.

James 5:16 (New American Standard Bible)
    Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

Philippians 1:27 (New American Standard Bible)
    Only conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or remain absent, I will hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

#5 CF1, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009