1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eve, how did she help?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Crabtownboy, May 6, 2008.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

That doesn't say God gave her the desire, but that she desired it. That's free will.

2. Joe

Joe New Member

Who do you think created Eve with all of her desires? Yes, even though the odds were stacked against her, she could have refused the fruit.
    But one of her decendants would have likely succom to the odds.
    After you raise your children, you will understand more of what I am saying. We either set them up to succeed or fail.

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

...but if they fail, they are held accountable, not me. Why does anyone go to hell if they are not to be held accountable, since God made them the way they are? This is not an excuse I want to use with God. You are basically saying every rape and child molestation is God's fault, then. Like I said earlier, that's hyper calvinism, and we are nothing but robots or game pieces that God uses to play with.

4. Joe

Joe New Member

????
    Out of all of my posts here, you have somehow derived a simple, blanket statement then tried to apply it to very complex situations.

With any situaton, all factors need to be weighed.

To continue would only be repeating myself, so if you wish, you can re-red the posts. I do not know how else to explain it.

5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Why would God, who created humans because he was lonely, create strong desires that temp his creation to break direct communication with Him? Was there a desire before the "snake" spoke to her, or did the snake awaken the desire?

6. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Where does that idea come from?

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

That is a good question and I cannot answer it. I think it is an idea that some Sunday School teacher told me when I was a kid ... or perhaps a quarterly. Sunday School quarterlies for kids do not always stick "tight" to scripture.

Anyway, take the work lonely out and it is still a valid question. Why would God create anything and instill within it an attribute that might be used to break direct communication with Him?

Does the "evil one" have a role in this?

Did Eve have a desire for the fruit before the snake talked with her?

Was the desire dormant, but wakened by the serpent's words?

8. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I apologise! I thought you were saying that you believed that God created man because He was lonely. Incidentally, if it was a publication for children that gave this idea, how sad! Imagine what a child would think of a God who needed to create because He was lonely! Shades of ET phoning home (the ET with long fingers, who rode a bike across the sky, not the Evangelical Times :laugh: )!

Why would God create anything and instill within it an attribute that might be used to break direct communication with Him? Because He is God, and that is how He wanted it. The alternative you give seems to belittle God. If God didn't want something to happen, and Satan did, and the thing came to pass, that suggests that Satan, not God, is almighty.

Also, we are told in the New Testament that God planned salvation before He created the world. For example, 1 Peter 1.18-20:

18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

We must look at Eve's make up. God made her from the rib of Adam. The only spiritual direction she has is from Adam. Adam on the other hand was in breathed with the breath of God. He had a spiritual connection with God. Eve's spiritual connection was through Adam. Sense Eve did not get direction from God regarding the forbidden fruit, she must have gotten direction from Adam. Flesh alone will never preform the will of God. Eve was Adam's flesh. Adam was flesh but possessed life of God's breath. Adam could have solved this problem two ways, with the flesh or with the Spirit of God. Adam knew that to eat of the tree would bring death. At the time Adam did not comprehend (knowledge) the consequences. He was flesh and reacted accordingly. Eve was flesh and acted accordingly.

Curiosity killed the cat in this case. Satan perked Eve's curious nature by insisting that she would become as gods, knowing good and evil. It was the worm on the hook and she bit. Adam watched and did the same. Conscience stepped in and the pain of sin was revealed in embarrassment of their nakedness. They now know good and evil but can not handle the consequences of their shame.

Knowledge of Good and Evil is an attribute of God. Only He knows of the consequences of evil. Only God could create good and evil and Isaiah tells us that He does take responsibility for it. That of course is what God did by sending His Son to take upon Him, our sin and shame. The created being that fell is made whole in Christ. He is restored to the creation that God meant for him to be.

Now next on the agenda is to take care of that serpent once and for all. God did create him and God will deal with him. That adversary that from the beginning, so easily frustrates our relationship with God will be destroyed. [​IMG]

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

If God were lonely He would be imperfect. God is perfect and complete in and of Himself. He does not 'need' us.

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I rather see it as opposite. A God who can love and lover perfectly but cannot be lonely seems to me to be incomplete. Something is missing.

God is said to have many emotions in scripture.

12. PK

PK New Member

WHY DID THEY TRY AND HIDE FROM GOD THEN?

13. donnA

donnA Active Member