1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ever heard this doctrine......?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by robycop3, Jan 11, 2019.

1. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gueriller

Got one that I battle every now and then on the back porch. Usually it wins :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have a former foster son who attends The Medway Revival Fellowship and they teach something like that. They believe that queen Elizabeth is sitting on David's throne and give lots of so called history for it. They say the Stone of Scone which is buiit in to the corronation throne and which was taken from Scotland by the English was taken from Ireland before that, and was taken from the Holy Land at the time of Jeremiah. I think they said that Jeremiah brought it to Ireland, but I may be wrong in that.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    David, English also has the twins guardian and guaranty.

4. David Kent

David Kent Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course, The W came with the Normans and the G came directly from the French.
    Not only the Normans. but I noticed in the beginning of nthe Afganistan crisis, Afgans pronounced their country something like Afwanistan.

5. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr Wilson rejects the English line are true Britain but concentrates on the Welsh line

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away. But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen. Now when she had weaned Loruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son. Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God.

The house of Israel, with Ephraim as their head, are no longer the people of God.

Hosea 11:12 Ephraim compasseth me about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Judah yet ruleth with God, and is faithful with the saints.
    Hosea 8:8 Israel is swallowed up: now shall they be among the Gentiles as a vessel wherein is no pleasure.

How long will that last? Was it forever and ever or was God going to gather them from whence he scattered them? Are they still among the Nations/Gentiles?

Would they all be taken back at once? -- consider
    Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say, Return, thou backsliding Israel, saith the LORD; and I will not cause mine anger to fall upon you: for I am merciful, saith the LORD, and I will not keep anger for ever. Only acknowledge thine iniquity, that thou hast transgressed against the LORD thy God, and hast scattered thy ways to the strangers under every green tree, and ye have not obeyed my voice, saith the LORD. Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:

What is Zion?

Back to Ephraim the head of the house of Israel.

Gen 48:19 Speaking of Ephraim. YLT And his father refuseth, and saith, 'I have known, my son, I have known; he also becometh a people, and he also is great, and yet, his young brother is greater than he, and his seed is the fulness of the nations;' ----- Greek LXX for nations = ἐθνῶν. The same word as Gentiles. The fulness of the Gentiles.

Are they still the fulness of the Gentiles?

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
    TR Οὐ γὰρ θέλω ὑμᾶς ἀγνοεῖν ἀδελφοί τὸ μυστήριον τοῦτο ἵνα μὴ ἦτεπαῤ ἑαυτοῖς φρόνιμοι ὅτι πώρωσις ἀπὸ μέρους τῷ Ἰσραὴλ γέγονεν ἄχρις οὗ τὸ πλήρωμα τῶν ἐθνῶν εἰσέλθῃ

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
    Hosea 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.