1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Every Baptist a Missionary

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Comrade, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Comrade

Comrade New Member

I may make some people mad but what I am about to post but I will stand by it 100%. Not every baptist is a missionary. Why? because not every baptist is saved. Being a baptist, as proud as I am, does not make me saved. And if I were not saved I could not do the work of the Lord. I am a baptist, but only a born-again baptist can be a missionary. In truth every Christian a missionary.

2. mr. messy

mr. messy New Member

Hi Comrade. I agree with you. Per John 15:5, as a vine, I need to be in the branch to live, grow, and become fruitful. This is spiritual work and the Lord definitely has to be involved. Without Him, my efforts are fruitless. Thanks for reading, Mr. Messy

3. rufus

rufus New Member

Yeppers! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Grace

Grace New Member

I agree with comrade. Being a baptist doesn't make me saved any more than standing in a garage makes me a car! ;)

5. Comrade

Comrade New Member

I defintatly agree with myself as well as the rest of you.

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Yes but...

Every Christian (believer) is to be an evangelistic missionary who is engage in making disciples (Matthew 28:16-20 and Acts 1:8).

7. Comrade

Comrade New Member

Yes but not every Baptist because every baptist is not saved. I agree with you whole-heartedly I am disipleing someone right now.

8. Jim Ellis

Jim Ellis New Member

But one thing I can add, Just because you are a Baptist don't make you any better of a witness than any other so called "Christians".
    You might just be a member of the "First Church of the Frozen Chozen"! Members of this denomination aren't into any kind of church growth programs! Are you a on fire Christian, or a part of the many of the 1st Church of the "Frozen Chosen"??? :eek: :D [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]