1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Every Believer Should

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by plain_n_simple, May 13, 2013.

1. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is certainly not a true believers practice, and it is not Baptist practice.

3. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

Jesus in Matt 6 told His disciples NOT to BABBLE on like the pagans do....the Corinthian church were pagans before they got saved and brought many of their pagan religion into their Christianity. Paul was constantly dealing with their misuse of many things...tongues being a big one.

1 Cor 14:22, say "TONGUES ARE A SIGN FOR UNBELIEVERS NOT BELIEVERS"

Tongues in the Greek always referred to a KNOWN LANGUAGE already spoken,to point the Jews to God by authenticating the speaker that he was indeed speaking for God.

I could go on but just remember this.

NO SUCH THING AS A PRIVATE GIFT....ALL gifts were given for the edification of the church not for ones own private use....God doesn't need you or anyone to speak in a language they don't even know...that would be stupid. Not only that like tithing PRAYER is more for our benefit not God's....he doesn't need our money nor does he need our prayers, He wants us to come to Him with sincere hearts and sound minds and bring our request and thanksgivings to Him...not mumbo jumbo....just saying!

PS. the word EDIFYS HIMSELF that Pal was talking about wasn't a good thing, he was being sarcastic and saying you are only bringing attention to yourself and thinking only of yourself.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is practiced by cults and occultic groups, NOT biblcal Christianity!

RUN far as you can, as you want NOTHING to do with those things manifested by spirit of antichrist!

5. Matt22:37-39

yeah that ought to do it...lol

6. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:applause:Q...E...D:applause:

7. Matt22:37-39

QED???

what does that mean?...I assume it is good?

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The End Times must be upon us. Here is a post where Matt 22 and I agree. It is quite refreshing.

9. Matt22:37-39

We probably agree on more than you think.

I'm also not into the so called Christian music today, especially in our churches.

Tongues was the first study I did on my own in 1991 without the computer and it ended up being 7 pages long. I looked at both sides and pretty much just stuck with scripture and let it speak for itself.

What is tongues
    Why was the gift given
    What happened to it?
    What are the RULES attached (20 of them)
    What is possibly happening today
    Private Prayer Language
    Conclusion

#9 Matt22:37-39, May 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
  10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's like saying that buying insurance is a sign of a lack of faith.

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You are probably correct about agreeing on more issues than I think. Sharp exchanges except for a couple of posters always come back to haunt me. The important thing is how we view Jesus Christ and Scripture, and nothing much else matters. If I never said it, welcome to BB.

Several times, those promoting secret James Bond messages from heaven have been asked to give proof of the three requirements, the message, the interpretation of the message, and whom the message was to with the requirement that it be edifying to the church.

When asked for a physical example of what the message sounds like, there is no response.

When asked who interprets it after listening to it, there is no response.

When asked what the message says and to whom, and show it is edifying, there is never any response.

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many 'tongues" did Jesus have?

John the baptist?

have you ever seen kenneth Copeland? middle of his sermon so called, he stops and carries on a conversation with the "Holy spirit", and gets fresh revelation right on stage!

Replaces thebible for him, as those revelations are not found in tthe bible!

13. Matt22:37-39

nor does he have an interpreter...which is a MUST!