1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Everyone has a freewill, except God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Dale-c, Feb 13, 2007.

1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Npetrely;
    Are all hurcanes controled by God? Does he kill men by flood? I thought he promised not to do that any more by displaying the rainbow.
    MB

2. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

It never ceases to amaze me how that people can't understand something so simple. God is sovereign. We all know that. Does He dismiss that sovereignty when He tells/allows men to act upon his will to choose??????????????????????????? No, He doesn't. But Calvin lovers LOVE to argue that giving men the will to choose makes man sovereign. Baloney.

3. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

One thing we must not forget in the discussion of sovereignty is that God not only created the universe, but that He also continually sustains and upholds it. The universe is not more self-sustaining that it is self-existing. If God were to cease His active sustaining and upholding, the universe would cease to exist.

So, to speak of natural events as if they merely occur 'naturally' without any necessary input from God is false. The atoms that make up the wind, rain, lightning all other aspects of the storm continue to exist only because of God's continual sustaining and upholding of them. So, to say that the storm continued because God did not stop it is misleading. All causes of the storm stem directly from God's power and will.

4. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Genesis 9:11
    And I will establish my covenant with you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.

5. dwmoeller1

dwmoeller1 New Member

Yah, most strawmen are baloney...thats what makes them such good strawmen :)