1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Everyone knows ol' Bubba! (An oldie but a goodie, updated)

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, May 27, 2014.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Bubba was bragging to his boss one day. "You know, I know everyone there is to know. Just name someone, anyone, and I know them."

Tired of his boasting, his boss called his bluff. "Ok, Bubba, how about Tom Hanks?" Bubba's face lit up. "Sure! You know, I haven't seen Tom for a long time. Let's go see him."

So Bubba and his boss fly out to Hollywood. Bubba makes a phone call and they grab a cab at the airport. Pretty soon the boss is amazed to find they are knocking on Tom Hank's door. Sure enough, Tom Hanks opens the door and shouts, "Bubba! Great to see you! You and your friend come right in and join me for lunch!" Although impressed, Bubba's boss is still skeptical. After they leave the house, he tells Bubba that he thinks Bubba's knowing Hanks was just lucky.

"No, no, just name anyone else," Bubba says. "President Bush," his boss quickly retorts. "Yes," Bubba says. "I know him. Let's fly into Waco." And off they go, flying into Waco. Bubba makes a phone call, and they rent a car.

At the Crawford Ranch, Bush is waiting for Bubba on the front porch. He motions him and his boss over, saying, "Bubba, what a surprise. I was just on my way to a meeting when you called, but I wanted to see you! You and your friend come on in and share a cup of coffee first and we'll catch up."

Well, the boss is very shaken by now, but still not totally convinced. As they are getting on the plane at Waco, the boss expresses his doubts to Bubba, who again implores him to name anyone else.

"The Pope," his boss replies. "Sure!" says Bubba. "I've known Jorge since he was a priest! Let's head to Rome!" They arrive on Sunday morning and take a cab to Vatican City. Bubba and his boss are assembled with the masses in Vatican Square when Bubba says, "This will never work. I can't catch the Pope's eye among all these people. Tell you what. I know all the guards, so let me just go upstairs and I'll come out on the balcony with the Pope." Bubba disappears into the crowd headed toward the Vatican. Sure enough, half an hour later, Bubba emerges with Pope Francis on the balcony.

By the time Bubba returns, he finds that his boss has had a heart attack and is surrounded by paramedics. Working his way to his boss' side, Bubba asks him, "What happened?" His boss looks up and says, "I was doing fine until you and the Pope came out on the balcony and the man next to me said, "Who's that on the balcony with Bubba?"

#1 thisnumbersdisconnected, May 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  2. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

Yep. an oldie but a goodie.:laugh: