1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Everyone plant one, unless you have been divorced

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by reformedbeliever, Feb 22, 2007.

1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Brother, I support your ministry. Your distant past mean nothing to me or God as far as I'm concerned. However, maybe you should think twice about getting funds from those that might later condemn you. The system has benefits, but there's always strings attached to those benefits.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

It is sad that the convention misses the Scriptural boat on this one. God's Word is not to be trifled with. I don't think God is going to look kindly on NAMB for holding to such an unscriptural position as this.

3. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

Well J.D., I was good as gone. I had a lot of great Godly people talk to me and convince me to stay. The funding is for my youth minister, and they even threw some in for general expenses for the church. Again, my wife and I give to the church and I don't receive any salary.
    I am simply called by God to pastor this church till He brings someone else along. I'll do my best to do that. Yes, my wife and I started or planted the church. Its God's church, not ours. If the SBC feels better having someone else by name as the church planter....... so be it. I just have to swallow a little of that pride. You know......... the big I.