1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

(ex) Cardinal Ratzinger is the new pope

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by FLMike, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

And we all know that the Roman Catholic Church is not alone in this horrific sin.

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." (NASB, 1995)

[​IMG]

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

And we all know that the Roman Catholic Church is not alone in this horrific sin.

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." (NASB, 1995)

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Great defense - everyone else is doing it. I am trying to recall when the Baptist had Inquisitions to kill opponents.

3. Craigbythesea

Please don't misrepresent what I say and believe. I do NOT whole-heartedly support the Roman Catholic Church and I am NOT defending their sin. Indeed, as you very well know, I called their sin a “horrific sin.”

Perhaps you missed these words of our Savior in both the Bible and my post,

:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes I think the Baptists controlled Europe for about 1200 years called it something like "The Holy Baptist Empire" and then put the saints to torture by the century-loads.

Those mean ol' bapists!!

No wonder the RCC thinks it is odd that we would single out the RCC during the DARK AGES when in fact we had ALL THOSE OTHER Christian World empires to choose from!

How in the world could we possibly single out the tiny little RCC out of all those others??

I think they have finally made a case that will stand up.

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Lets try another example.

Hitler slaughtered by the millions... but why pick on little ol' Hitler when at the SAME time there was "Discrimination in America" AND we even illigally confiscated property - from Japanese Americans!!

How in the world can we single out HITLER when all these other bad things also happened???

6. Craigbythesea

Mr. Ryan,

It appears to me from your posts that you have a very vivid imagination. You could probably make a great deal of money writing fantasy fiction. [​IMG]

:D

:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

7. mioque

mioque New Member

Gold Dragon
    About Ratzinger's creepiness.
    I can't explain all of my feeling, but humanly speaking I'd guess it's that face and the way he mangles the Italian language with that accent of his.

8. Craigbythesea

At least you are not damning him to hell because you don't like his accent. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

9. SouthernBoy

SouthernBoy New Member

"It is "communion with the dead" that the Bible opposes"

I always wondered why Jews pray to the dead. I know a couple of jews and I understand they still pray for their dead. From what I understand they have always done that. I believe it is formally done on Eighth Day Of Assembly (Shemini Atzeret) two months before Festival Of Lights (Chanukah). The Jewish faith tells them prayers for the dead can effect the status of the dead in the after life.

Is this another example of them being wrong besides not accepting Christ?

---------------------------------

BobRyan,

"No wonder the RCC thinks it is odd that we would single out the RCC during the DARK AGES when in fact we had ALL THOSE OTHER Christian World empires to choose from!"

Do you mean Byzantium, Ethiopia, Assyrian, etc. the other Christian empires during the Dark Ages?

I don't understand your post.

[ April 20, 2005, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: SouthernBoy ]

10. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was adding a small dose of sarcasm to my point that the RCC is in fact the ONLY world-power occupying the entire realm of the former pagan Roman empire during the Dark Ages.

Even the RCC ADMITS that IT is the power that emerged OUT of pagan Rome with even MORE power, covering even MORE territory for an even LONGER period of time and having even MORE absolute control over daily life - -than did their predicessor empires.

Hard to miss for anyone with a history book.

(Just stating the obvious again for some of our Catholic-ish posters)

In Christ,

Bob

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is an excellent illustration of the way the RC posters try to deflect the big red glaring penalty flag on the play of "The Dark Ages" that has assigned the RCC to "the penalty box" for slaughtering millions of Christians for many many centuries.

They try to find "TENS" of years where ONE country was either intollerant or unchristian towards Catholics AS IF there is some way to EQUIVOCATE between the Holy Roman Empire for CENTURIES -- vs that one-country-example.

How "entertaining" indeed.

12. SouthernBoy

SouthernBoy New Member

BobRyan,

I would agree it was the largest Super Power in Europe but Europe is not nor has it ever been the whole world. Christianity did thrive outside Europe during the "Dark Ages."

Perhaps you are not aware but it did thrive in places like present day Sudan, Ethiopia, Egypt, Turkey, Iraq, India, etc... These where not RC's. I have read a few History books myself.

BTW, I am not Catholic.

13. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the 4 empire sequences that you see in Daniel 2 and in DAniel 7 -- God paints scene for the world empires of history starting with the Babylonian Empire, then Medo-Persia, Then Greece then Rome.

It is IN THAT sequence that we find the RCC coming in to play AFTER pagan Rome falls and occupying the SAME space, from the same seat of power only with very different methods.

"it will be different than all that came before it".

And it will persecute the saints...

So the Dark Ages "has meaning" in Bible prophecy.

It gets noticed.

In Christ,

Bob

14. SouthernBoy

SouthernBoy New Member

BobRyan,

"So the Dark Ages "has meaning" in Bible prophecy."

There are several good Pastors I have heard that do not hold to that interpretation.

I am not defending the RCC I am just saying that there are other interpretations.

15. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree that there are a number of non-Catholic Christian groups that arrange prophecy such that the Bible misses the many long centuries of persecution of the saints.

But the early reformers did not do that - and a few Christian groups today still talk about the prominent place the Bible gives to the 1260 years of persecution of the saints during the dark ages.

If the world ended today - and one was to tell the story of 2000 years of Christian history to someone in heaven - it is hard to believe that they would not mention the millions of Christians, the many many long centures -- the long dark night of the dark ages.

In Christ,

Bob

16. SouthernBoy

SouthernBoy New Member

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your first link says what I said "almost exactly".

Although you may not want to recognize this sequence of 4 empires as "world empires" that sequence is what the scripture in Dan 2, 7, Rev 13 etc seems to go for.

Your second source refers to my stated view as follows

What it does not do is highlight the fact that by leaving the 490 year timeline of Dan 9 in tact we are doing with that Messianic timeline the SAME thing that we do with ALL OTHER timelines in the Bible - "leaving it in tact" so that it can be used.

In fact Dan 9 has TWO timelines. The 70 years of Jeremiah mentioned in Dan 9:"1-3 and the 70 weeks (490 years) of 9:25-27.

Both timelines have to "remain in tact" to use them AS one does ALL OTHER timelines in the Bible. (I.E. - Exegetically sound).

But as you say - some do not go for that idea.

In Christ,

Bob

18. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

At least you are not damning him to hell because you don't like his accent. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Accent and theology are two different things.

Never expose sin until one is perfect. Is that your implication about the stone throwing statement? I would also be interested to see if you consider that passage truly a part of scripture.

19. mioque

mioque New Member

Bob
    "No wonder the RCC thinks it is odd that we would single out the RCC during the DARK AGES when in fact we had ALL THOSE OTHER Christian World empires to choose from!"
    "
    Well there are the Eastern-Orthodox (you know the state church of the Byzantine/Eastern-Roman Empire), yes they also persecuted people whose believes deviated from the standard set by the state church.
    Certain early Reformers were all for keeping up that practice, before the writings by men like Erasmus&Simons and the deeds of men like William the Silent cured them of that notion.

A bonus point goes to the first person who realizes what else the 3 men I listed at the end of my post have in common.

20. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Dutch and 16th century. Do I get some chocolate for that?

Yours in Christ

Matt