1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ex Con Attended Obama State Dinner, by Invitation

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Dec 8, 2009.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.theminorityreportblog.co...ed_felon_pen_the_democrats_health_care_reform

Did Robert Creamer, Convicted Felon, Pen the Democrats Health Care Reform?

Big Government is reporting that not only did Robert Creamer attend the same state dinner that has been in the news for so-called party crashers but this convicted felon, Robert Creamer and husband of Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky, may have written the Democrats Health Care reform bill framework in prison.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Right, because once you are convicted of a crime and serve your sentence, you should then be shunned from society.

Thank God for His mercy on us!

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a pattern.

Obama has surrounded himself with tax cheats, domestic terrorists, known communists and felons.

Maybe that's OK in the UK, but we actually like for our elected representatives to be a little bit cleaner.

4. matt wade

You do understand people can change, right? I was once a thief, a drug dealer, drug user, and many other horrible labels. I'm a changed person now and have been for many years. I find it rather strange, that we as Christians, think that people should not associate with those that previously led a sinful life. Since that's the case, maybe we should all become hermits and stop associating with each other?

Or is it that in some Christian circles that some sins are worse than others? Once you get caught, arrested, and convicted of a sin it is more grevious than the hidden sins so many have?

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand there are a whole host of things ex felons ar prohibited from doing.

They can't legally drive a truck loaded with hazardous materials or get a license to carry a gun. Yet they can attend a state dinner?

The president does take care of his crooks and cheats, doesn't he.

#5 carpro, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
  6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Direct topic aside, yes, a person can change, but that does not mean a person is thereby absolved of consequences. An ex-bankrobber can repent of his sin, but cannot expect to ever be hired by a bank. A repeat spousal abuser can repent and be changed, but it woudl still be idiotic for a person to wilfully get involved with a person who has a history of abuse. Etc etc etc.

OTOH, Barry Minkow was a business scammer, and Frank Abignale was a forger. After they repented, they went into the business of helping others prevent scams and fraud.

#6 Johnv, Dec 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2009
  7. matt wade

Yeah, wouldn't want them to get ahold of the forks and knives and do something crazy!

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Facts of life.

But here's the real problem with a crook like Creamer:

One thing a convict usually has is plenty of time on his hands. Creamer stole around $1 million dollars to get put in jail, but now he had time to write a book.

What does he write a book on? What he's good at...How to flim flam the American piblic into accepting a program most of them would have no part of if they knew the truth.

The sad part is that it appears the president and his criminal associates are using his book as a blueprint to do just that.

Bottom line is that Creamer is still a dishonest crook at heart, wrote a book about how to use dishonesty to get what you want, and the president is following his instructions almost to the letter.

9. matt wade

Now you are talking about something worth talking about and you've figured out my point. My point being that who really cares who is or who is not invited to a dinner? Do you think that Obama is going to get advice from this guy any less if he didn't invite him to dinner? Fight the battles that are worth fighting. Who is invited to a state dinner is not a fight worth battling over.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

His attendence at a state dinner indicates he and his ideas are held in high esteem by Obama.

One reinforces the other.

Your disagreement on that line of thinking is something I can handle.:)

11. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I saw this on Glen Beck and the fact that the guy was a felon who had served his debt to society didn't bother me. But, the step by step plan that he outlines in his book that we see being implemented on the United States bothers me.

12. billwald

billwald New Member

>Obama has surrounded himself with tax cheats, domestic terrorists, known communists and felons.

Same sorts as Chas Colson and the Iran Contra fellow?

13. targus

targus New Member

Straight from the libbie/dem handbook - Rule 72b - misdirect the topic when you have no answer

14. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Is the Iran Contra fellow an actual felon? Again, felons can change. That's not the concern. It's the play by play book that is the concern. It's a great plan for the destruction of the United States and it's working.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The plan is all about subterfuge, fearmongering and lies.

It's underhanded enough that I can see why it would take a criminal to write it.

What it takes for politicians entrusted with the well being of the country to follow it is almost unmentionable...

A mind bent toward treason.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

if whats in question is his plan or book or whatever it is, then why is his having been in prison even in question. some pople go to prison and go back and do the samethings again, some never go back, never commit crimes again. so whatever it is, book, plan whatever should be questionable, not the fact he's been in prison, unless we see he is commiting crimes now.

17. sag38

sag38 Active Member

My point exactly. :thumbs:

18. billwald

billwald New Member

>Straight from the libbie/dem handbook - Rule 72b - misdirect the topic when you have no answer

Learn to read. The topic is felons advising and socializing with the president. Felon Colson has become the darling of the right wing Christian Reconstructionists. google the family

19. targus

targus New Member

My reading abilities are just fine.

Perhaps it is your comprehension skills that are the problem.

The OP is about a particular felon hanging with Obama at the Whie House.

Not felons in general - or White House visitors in general - or Presidents in general.