1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ex-KJVo Testimonies

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I feel like the guy in church who sits and listens to all of the people tell about the major drug battles the sinner was saved from by God and start to wonder if I should sin in order to have a testimony. (I'm only saying this in relation to the KJVo theory; a regular sinner, I'm good at....sadly.)

I was KJVo for about two weeks. I went through a phase several years back after I read my first KJVo book. It surprised me to see the big list of "left out scriptures" from the NIV. I couldn't believe someone would actually leave out a verse, or that "Satan get thee behind me" would be left out of the Bible.

Needless to say, I only had to read one single book on the other side to realize that the KJVo movement was so lame that it had absolutely no scriptural backing, but it just didn't make sense.

I would like some REAL ex-KJVo people to give a detailed testimony of their situation. This would be greatly interesting to me (and I hope others). [​IMG]

I'll even say its okay for you KJVo to tell your testimony about why you became KJVo. Just don't get on your soap box, we already know your platform, VERY WELL, thank you........

2. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

[This is a thread for ex-KJVonly testimonies, NOT for people to attack them]

[ November 03, 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bob ]

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That was excellent.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I was KJVO for about 8 months. I accepted Christ in my junior year of high school. In my senior year, I started attending a wonderful evangelical church that was strict KJVO. Since I was armed with my older brother's KJV, I never saw any issues with it. Then, it happenned. I graduated, and was accepted into a bible college, where I took an intro class in koine greek and hebrew. It was there that I was able to learn the original language of the writers, and saw firsthand the inhierent issues with translations. This, plus the fact that my Dutch-speaking mother had a dutch translated bible, helped me to fully grasp the topic of translating. Still, I saw nothing wrong with my stance that the KJV was the sole preserved word of God. I continued to attend my KJVO church. Then, one day, it happenned. I was in a church bible study, and asked the magic question. What are the scriptural references that support the KJV as being the sole word of God? Nothing. Dead silence. Eventually, someone pointed to the preservation verse, but I replied "that verse is also in my mother's Dutch bible, and it's also in the TR Hebrew". Mind you, I was a KJVO supporter, so I was under the presumption that it would be easy to scripturally explain. But that's not what heppenned. The realization dawned on me that the KJVO position was not scripturally supportable, and I had no choice to abandon the KJVO position, lest I be guilty of adhering to a scripturally false doctrine.