1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ex-Treasury Sec. Geithner: White House told me to lie for Sunday news shows

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, May 12, 2014.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prepping whopping lies for Sunday news shows is par for the course for the Obama White House.
    timothygeither0512

Photo: Center for American Progress via Theblogismine.com

In a memoir released Monday, former Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner recounts his view of the financial crisis and how administration officials chose to deal with the public. One telling paragraph, among excerpts published by Politico, shows how seriously President Obama’s political operation takes its responsibility to tell the truth to the American people.

Not surprisingly, they don’t take it that seriously at all. Here’s how Geithner describes the lying process:

“I remember during one Roosevelt Room prep session before I appeared on the Sunday shows, I objected when Dan Pfeiffer wanted me to say Social Security didn’t contribute to the deficit. It wasn’t a main driver of our future deficits, but it did contribute. Pfeiffer said the line was a ‘dog whistle’ to the left, a phrase I had never heard before. He had to explain that the phrase was code to the Democratic base, signaling that we intended to protect Social Security.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/05...e-told-me-to-lie-for-sunday-news-shows-118478