1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Except ye repent, ye shall likewise perish !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, May 18, 2012.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

When addressing Jews, Paul writes, "By grace through faith." When gentiles, "By grace." WHY the difference? Why do Jews need more information than gentiles?

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

So in essence Jesus is saying, unless I am your Saviour, and die for your sins, and give you newbirth which effects repentance, you likewise shalll perish !

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Jesus came, died for our sins, rose again. Through that sacrifice he paid the penalty for our sins. He commands us to believe in him as Lord and Savior accepting his offer of forgiveness of sins and eternal life, by faith.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So how do we know for sure that He is our savior? How is that revealed to us?

-----

Never mind; I just read your other thread. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that the elect, the chosen from the beginning, are already saved but don't know it until such a time as they're made aware of it by God; and that what some call hearing the Word and accepting Jesus is merely God giving the scriptures to those who are, in essence, already saved but are just now becoming aware of it; and that any who reject this "understanding" are not of the elect and therefore are not saved, nor do they have any hope of salvation.

Is that correct, or close to being correct?

#25 Don, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Everyone the Christ I serve died for, The effects of that death of His will bring about repentance, which is the fruit of the New Birth that is given because of His Resurrection as per 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

This being begotteon again means this ! The word begotten is the greek word anagennaƍ and it means:

to produce again, be born again, born anew

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

Now that is what Repentance is, it is a change of mind ! You do not believe me, lets look the word repentance up. Lets look at Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The word repentance here is the greek word metanoia and means:

a change of mind, as it appears to one who repents, of a purpose he has formed or of something he has done

So Jesus Christ gives all those He died for, a change of mind, which is repentance. Now I am speaking of the Christ in Acts 5:31, and 1 Pet 1:3, I speak the Truth and lie not !

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I must be on "ignore". . . .

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

When you preface your statements like that you are inferring that your Christ is different than my Christ. Perhaps he is, I don't know.

9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Well, the Christ I witness of has accomplished things by His Death that you claim the one you know about has not. Sounds like a different Christ to me.

10. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is it a different Christ in regard to His Person and Nature or is a different interpretation of His work?

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

If it is a different Christ than the revealed Person and Nature than how does your Christ differ than fully human fully divine or is there another Christ revealed in the Scriptures?

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I can only speak to what the Christ I know has accomplished by His Death, and that is Repentance unto Justification of Life !

Rom 5:18

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Acts 11:18

When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life. By the work of Christ !

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

My question just flew over your head! Go back and read my question again and attempt to respond to it. Your response is about WHAT he has done not WHO he is!

#33 The Biblicist, May 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2012
  14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Slander is not allowed on this board.
    Salvation was accomplished by the death of Christ. Whenever have I said it hasn't?

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    saved and faith in Christ always refers in NT to conversion, where person passed from spiritual death to being alive!

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    to him, you have linked it with the "heritical" aspect on having to place faith in Christ also required to get saved by God, a "work!"

problem with his views are that he can give NO NT verse that states can be saved apart from faith in Christ!

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Do you believe that the Christ you believe in Saved all for whom He died ? The Christ I believe in saved all for whom He died. Everyone He died for , by His Death, they are Justified before God. His resurrection gives evidence of that Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Now if you believe in the same Christ i Believe in, I stand corrected !

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You sounfd like one who is caught in RCC theology!

Having right Christ, but wrong view on Sotierology proper!

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    DHK, Yeshua, Biblicist - could I ask a favor? Would one of y'all mind putting up my post for SBM to take a look at? I'd really like to see his/her answer to what I posted on the previous page.

If not, okay. If you do, thanks in advance.

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

So Christ as someone's Saviour, grants or gives them repentance, else he failed to save them. Acts 5:31

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Notice, Christ is exalted TO BE a PRINCE and a SAVIOUR !

In order for Him to be a Saviour to one, He must give them repentance !

This is what Peter preached !

The false teachers of our day have taken repentance and corrupted it, and falsely teach that a man must first repent of their own freewill and then Christ will save them or become their Saviour !

And, Peter does not say that Christ offers repentance to all the world without exception, but that He specifically gves it to a particular group of People known as Israel, God's Elect !