1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Exeedingly Sad

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by OldRegular, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We have explained to you, Skan and others that your explanation of determinism is rejected as unbiblical fatalism which we do not believe.
    So all these ill fated threads that start out with this flawed premise are rejected outright.

Old Regular posts direct scriptures that you are welcome to examine the context and see the validity of using those verses as support texts.
    The verses answer your wrong speculations,carnal reasoning, and protests.
    You seek in vain to dismiss scripture claiming cherry picking,and Archie Bunker mentality.You then deny and make light of the work of the Spirit in illuminating the mind to Divine truth saying this;
    Perhaps if you had this happen to you more often you would lay down the weapons of your warfare and submit to God's word on these issues,instead of offering futile resistance:thumbsup:
    Read some of J.L.Dagg and actually deal with the scriptures and theology offered ....based on the scripture as OR has consistently put before you and you will benefit.:thumbsup:

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Icono.... that was well articulated w/o being combative.:thumbs:

3. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    6 And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?

7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is no need to be combative when not being personally attacked.
    Benjamin,and Winman holds views that need to be opposed.
    I have respect for them to a certain extent because they own up to their views and are trying to support their ideas as best thay can.{you cannot really support the indefensible] but they do not back off, they do not make believe they are your friend, then look to stab you in the back.
    They are willing to come right at you and make their claims...come what will.
    What usually follows is scripture offered. That is how it works:wavey:

Must get back to my online mail order study...at the truckstop:wavey:

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I completely agree!!!

#105 Earth Wind and Fire, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  6. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

What I get from all of this....

Reading through this thread...and all the other Cal/non-Cal/this Doctrine/that Doctrine type of debates that go on here on the Baptist Board and probably countless other Internet forums, I have come to several conclusions. #1...most of us are NOT successful debaters since the mark of a successful debater is that he/she actually convinces the other participants that their argument is indeed the truth and "makes" their point (and makes converts). I don't EVER see many "changed" minds in these debates....only marked polarization. #2...Truth is truth...it is absolute....it is black and white...so-called "gray" areas are only diluted truth/error. IF we all believed the "truth" there would be no more Calvinists, Arminians, pre-mills, post-mills,amills or any of the other isms and schisms or denominations (divisions) that currently make up the "body of Christ" in this generation. I submit that if we all truly BELIEVED the real Truth we'd have "made it"....we'd be (Romans 8:29) "conformed to the image of His Son" with no shades of error or darkness. It is nothing more than a "pipe-dream" to ever suppose that we can, in our fallen condition, ever achieve that state of existence while here on this earth in these corrupt bodies with these corrupt natures present (EVEN IF WE ARE SAVED). That day will only happen when we have made it to Glory and stand in His presence. All things will be essentially equal then with one notable exception....God will still be God...and we will still be beneath Him and subject to Him....but oh...what a blessed state THAT will be!! Even so,come Lord Jesus!

Bro.Greg:saint:

7. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

That post is worthy of a :thumbsup:

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello GP,
    I think that many times God does use debate and differences to bring us to truth.It might not be the two people debating that get changed, but those who observe from the outside, and see through the heat,and follow after the light that shines through.
    18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

In refuting the heresy...it forces anyone concerned for truth to search the scriptures like the bereans did.In this very thread...OR ...is offering good scriptures that would help any who care to read and meditate on them...he is being opposed by others who think man can think apart from the word and come up with better ideas. I side with the scriptures OR offers:wavey:

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come on now Greg, what would you have us do.....love one another? :laugh:

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes & so do I! Call me El Segundo (the second) :thumbs::laugh:

We are here to contend for the Faith!

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You crack me up. You are the biggest offender of question begging on this forum I have seen.
    Just a few examples "...offering good Scriptures that would help any who care to read and meditate on them". That's now I came to reject this false doctrine.
    "...he is being opposed by others who think apart from the word...". Completely hysterical, prideful and dishonest.
    "I side with the Scriptures". This is what Mormons, catholics and Jehovah's witnesses say too.

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yeah, when it comes to Iconoclast, this video sums it up very well;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgBEhnZCJKc

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sure you will say that webdog...because you are on the other side of the equation.You claim the scriptures led you to where ever you are now, and yet if someone asked me what does webdog believe scripturally, i could not answer them ,because i can barely remember the last time you used a verse on anything.....
    I can however remember your list of debate fallacies mentioned..

question begging, non sequiter, red herring, etc....these little one line quips which you over over and over.....but no real substance.
    Try making a scriptural case.....one or two verses would help:wavey::thumbs: Or offered many verses....in context....you, Benjamin, skan....not so much.

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  15. Winman

Winman Active Member

Actually, I don't hate you at all, and I also respect you for standing up for what you believe, even if you are totally messed up in the head. :thumbs:

It's not your fault, (well it really is), you just let others do your thinking for you. If you would quit listening to all those Calvinist preachers on SermonAudio (or whatever site that is) and read your Bible, within a year you would know for a certainty that Calvinism is false.

My only real problem with you is that you are completely obnoxious as Webdog pointed out. Saying things like "I will pray that you come to a knowledge of the truth" just makes you sound like a total jerk. Thus, the Frank Burns video.

If you ever truly get me mad, I will show your truck on BB.

16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Winman,
    I am delivering up in Meridan on thurs....are you close to there?
    I will fill up a flash drive full of sermonaudio sermons for your enjoyment....

#116 Iconoclast, Mar 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  17. Winman

Winman Active Member

Meridan is about 40 miles from me, I have been there many times.

18. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    i am delivering Cherry and plumb trees on yale street at Koguts nursery...then head south on 91- to 95...are you near the Pilot[truckstop] on exit 40 on 95...or is that far away?

19. Winman

Winman Active Member

I am up Rte. 8 near the Mass line.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

More dishonesty. I don't hide behind what I believe, and you must know enough to know I'm on the "other side of the equation". Your own words condemn you.

You hear them so much due to the fact every other post of yours employs some kind of fallacy. Try honest debate for a change and that would end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.