1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Exercise

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by donnA, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird New Member

Her work-outs aren't for beginners. But they are challenging. I wouldn't call them "fun" but they are affective. I do like how I feel when I am done! lol

Check out collagevideo.com for good dvd's. I think they have the chair exercise dvd's, too. Look under "specialty."

I recommend Leslie Sansone for beginners. She is upbeat and a Christian.

Amazon.com and Ebay are good places to get videos/dvds as well. I have found some older ones at Goodwill and other thrift stores.

have fun!

2. YoungSeabass

YoungSeabass New Member

I lift weights, to turn these arms into guns.

I also wrestle.

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

5 or 6 years ago I had lost 100LBS walking. I had gotten into walking so much I started walking to Church during the week. Now I'm back to being lazy and have put the 100+ LBS back on. I need to get re-motivated, I felt so much better then.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

It's awful to lose that much and then regain, done it several times, feels even worse then the first time you weighed that much.

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here too, and will admit starting up a rigorous weight training routine at 50 has been an “eye opening!” experience. I really started to lose it at 44 after working many hours to pay for and start building our home. At the end of the 20 months it took to build our home I looked and felt terrible; after that I only occasionally lifted to keep some tone and did that lazily. Since I’ve made this commitment I’ve had to face a lot of soreness, muscle spasms, joint and back issues, and the ever fearful thought going through the back of my mind that, “I was 50, now 51, and people suddenly die at this age while over exerting themselves.” Lol…Things are getting better though.

The only dvd I’ve done seriously (i.e.; when not just teasing my wife by joining in one of hers that she’s trying) is the “Stair Stepper” and would classify that one as “ain't for sissies” lol.

Whole-heartedly agree that being in better shape helps “in whatever you are doing”. Which for me, generally means I even sleep better.

I’m working on a late life career change which includes earning a Bachelors in “Exercise and Wellness” while getting an associates in “Physical Therapy”. The object of the Bachelors is to promote healthy lifestyle changes, so your suggestion hits home, glad to see your enthusiasm.

I don’t care for morning workouts; for one, it takes me a while to wake up then I’m hungry and need some food for energy (break-fast), afterwards I don’t want to workout on a full stomach.

God bless you.

Amen!