1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Exercising Faith

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Wesley Briggman, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to share one of the many times God has intervened in my physical life.

I was working for the Department of the Navy and was attending a training school in Vallejo, CA (circa 1968). The hours were from 3pm - 11pm . When I exited the building to go home it was raining. As I put the key into the ignition, I looked up and in the wet windshield, I saw an image of the grim-reaper!!! Drawing back into my seat, I told God that I did not know what that was. I told Him I was His child and that my family was in San Jose (of course He knew that!) and I was going home.

I was alone on the sky-way traveling through San Francisco in the middle of three lanes. I saw headlights reflect of the wet concrete guardrail of an on-ramp. I moved to the left (fast) lane to insure the on coming vehicle would have plenty of room. Rather than making a normal entrance to the freeway, the car continued straight into the curved guardrail resulting in the car being deflected into a 90 degree path straight at my 1968 Volkswagen Bug!! The space I gained by moving to the fast lane provided me time to get ahead of his impact into the concrete barrier of the sky-way.

I stopped, backed up, got out of the car and stepping over a body lying on the pavement, went to the driver. Within a minute or so, other traffic stopped, taking over.

I got in my car and continued home.

Having faith is one thing, exercising faith is something else.

God proved His faithfulness to me again! Praise be to Him.

• Like Like x 1