1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Experts: Al Qaeda Setting Sights on Israel

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by Enoch, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Fox News

On a side note Israeli elections are just around the corner.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The most important point in the article:

"But Assem Rashed, a former teacher at a Gaza university, said he doubts Al Qaeda could find many backers in Gaza.

"People here are against the attacks in Iraq, Jordan and Egypt. I don't think they will survive, or find much support from the public," he said."

Crunches the hyperbolic doomsday scenario talk earlier in the article.

3. Enoch

Enoch New Member

KenH

I would not call the article by the AP/Associated Press to be hyperbolic doomsday scenario talk as you claim.

You tend to downplay most terror activity in Israel. Why would the opinion and credibility of a former teacher at the Gaza University be the most important point in the article? :confused: Well I guess since Assem Rashed has spoken all of Israel is safe from Al Qaeda and it’s really nothing to worry about. :rolleyes: Perhaps you should list Mr. Rashed as your trusty news source in the political forum. Oh wait a minute you listed the AP as your trusty news source! [​IMG]

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was referring to the officials, not the AP. The AP was simply reporting what they said.

5. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Ken you avoided this:
    So his opinion is worth more than the officials??????

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As far as I know Mr. Rashed's opinion is worth as much as anybody else's on this issue since he knows a great deal about Gaza - more than you or I do.

7. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Well Ken this would explain why your politics are so screwy. You considered the opinion of Joe Blow Ex-teacher to be your factual information on Al Qeada activity in Israel. :rolleyes: Completely disregard all other official information, amazing… [​IMG]

8. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Pushing aside the verbal boxing match...and having seen Israel in their fight, this is a very bad idea Al Queda, but since you are so determined to push your luck, go ahead. You wont know what hit you.

9. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

AMEN!!!