1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Explain This:

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by preacher4truth, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Sounds great. :thumbsup:

Have you changed any since you were saved?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

But that is exactly what the Scriptures say.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I don't often give my testimony Luke but I will here, and perhaps in a way that you may not like.

You are a comparatively young Christian. You have been saved only 17 years, and yet are fortunate to be pastoring a church. That is young. You also come across as very arrogant as many people have already told you, but you neglect their wisdom and don't really care.

Within three years of the date of my salvation I was in Bible College. I graduated in three years with a B.A., and in the next year with an M.A. both in Pastoral Theology. I then went to BJU for further post-secondary education. In total I have eight years of post-secondary education. You have been saved only 17 years; I have been in the pastorate for more than twice that many of years, and probably have more education than you have as well. Many of my years I have spent in teaching in Bible College.

I don't need your smart-alec remarks, and neither does anyone else. You are young. You think you have the world by the tail. The truth is:

Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18)

It would be refreshing to see some humility and grace in some of your posts.

#283 DHK, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Ann, that scripture refutes Calvinism. It does not mention faith, but it does say God has quickened us who WERE DEAD in trespasses and sins. Well, if we are no longer dead in sin, what MUST have happened? It is obvious we must have believed because we are only justified by faith. Can you see that?

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yes - I see that. I see that God gave us life to be able to live. I see that while we were still dead, God gave us life. It was not the dead person seeking life. It fully supports regeneration before belief.

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I already know what you believe Winman. I have already proven that it is not in line with Scripture.

But when I do prove this- you don't respond.

If you will not respond to my posts you will not have to worry with me any longer. I waste too much time giving you detailed expositions of passages and making logical arguments for you to ignore them and then just drive-by post.

You cherry pick what you want to respond to. I can not do this any longer.

I was as obstinate as you or more so against the DoG about 5 years ago. I wrote a 17 page paper in response to a Calvinist friend of mine AGAINST Calvinism.

But I eventually saw the error of my ways- I pray you will too one day.

God bless.

7. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Some will tell you you have presented a very sound argument in order to get away from you, seeing it is a hopeless cause to get one to see fact.

The problem with this is said person actually believing he had a sound argument.

I've see nothing of the sort, as far as a sound argument from you. In other words nothing you have said convinces me Calvinism to be wrong.

#287 preacher4truth, Dec 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2010
  8. Winman

Winman Active Member

Luke, you have not proved anything to me. But you are being a gentleman tonight. I sincerely appreciate that, thanks!

9. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

God bless, DHK, may you find peace.

10. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yes I have and it is pointless to bring them back up because you will not respond to them.

May the Lord bless you and keep you and make his face to shine upon you and give you peace.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I found peace the day I was regenerated/saved/sanctified/justified/born again/forgiven/sealed by the Spirit/indwelt by Him/and much much more.

And it all happened in a moment, at the time that I, by faith, trusted him.

12. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Having reached 30 pages this thread must be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.