1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Explanation, please!

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by just-want-peace, Nov 13, 2003.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there an explanation as to why some threads (the one here http://www.baptistboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00006362 ) are MUCH (2X+) wider than the others? :confused:

With this thread, I have to scroll L-R to read each line. Most of the others are just a tad wider than my screen if any wider! :mad:

Basically, when I do run across one like this, it has to be of intense interest, or I just don't go through the hassle of reading it.

2. GloryBound

GloryBound New Member

Just, I used the link you provided but it took me to the profile for "Dale McNamee". Is that you want us to look at?

3. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, sorry!
    I think it was a post by Dale that I intended to reference, & I apparently picked up the profile URL when I checked it, instead of the topic URL. :confused:

Unfortunately, I have no recollection what the thread was about, so I don't know how to get the correct address.

Guess I'll just have to wait for another thread that fits & try again. :rolleyes:

Thanks anyway!! [​IMG]

4. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. BrianT

BrianT New Member

The explanation is that someone posted a really long link to another site. Links do not wrap on this board.

6. just-want-peace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're right, there's a looooong link!!
    Thanks!

To solve the long link problem, go to the following: http://tinyurl.com/ ;I've used this several times & it works great.

7. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    just-want-peace, thanks for the link to shrink long URLs. [​IMG] I used it on Dale McNamee's extra long URL and it worked. The thread is back now to it's normal size. [​IMG]

http://tinyurl.com/vkaf