1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Explicit future denials of apostasy of true children of God

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Dr. Walter, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

2 Peter, 2 John, 3 John, jude and revelation were missing from the earliest Syriac translation. However, that is still quite a testimony for what was canonized as New testatament Scripture at such an early date. Even you have to admit that only "some" copies omitted one or more of the gospels which means on the whole they did not omit them.

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What do we see in this definition?

When I repent

When I change my heart

When I exercise faith

When I Change my intentions

I, I, I

You made my point HP. Unless one studies and understands "born of God" they will never understand OSAS.

Jhn 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The flesh, or the "I" cannot cause "born of God".

Jhn 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Jhn 4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

We see that there is no "I will do this or do that" in order to receive the gift of God, eternal life, living water, Holy Spirit, born-again. One only needs to hear and ask.

Jhn 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

The Holy Spirit shall be "in him" and a "well of water into everlasting life". He shall "never" thirst.

2Cr 5:17Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

"In Christ" is another term used to identify "born of God".

Rom 8:1[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Here there is no condemnation to those who what? Those who have formed an intent of the heart to follow Jesus Christ? No, those who walk not after the flesh (remember John 1:13, not the will of the flesh, not the "I will do this and I will do that") but after the Spirit - Born of God.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
    Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Tts 3:5Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Another term for born of God is "regeneration". Is repenting of sin a righteous work? How about forming good intentions?

1Jo 3:9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
    1Jo 5:4For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, [even] our faith.
    1Jo 5:18We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

These are just a sample of born-again passages. One needs to understand what Born of God means or they will never understand OSAS nor feel absolutely secure in Christ.