1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Explorer... The Dreaded X

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by tyndale1946, Jan 20, 2003.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This problem happens to me daily and maybe twenty times or more. In fact I can bring it up by trying to answer a question in the Polls Forum. I try to answer a question... Up comes Explorer the dreaded X... I check the details of why it is going to close and what went wrong and there is always an error in module DISPEX.DLL Another thing who in blazes is the product vendor?... btw this problem will also pop up at random!

First of all... What is it?... Now how do I get rid of it?... If I click on close... Up comes... The internet explorer will now close... You can now restart your computer. If I can't fix it who can I contact who can?... Why has my christian computer turned evil on me?... I'm Baptist but I'm about ready to call in a computer exorcist!... Is my hard drive possessed? :mad: I command you in the name of ... Never mind! :D ... Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: ... A brother in need... Brother Glen :eek:

[ January 20, 2003, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: tyndale1946 ]

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bro. Glen, what versions of IE and of Windows are you using?

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm using Windows 98!... You mean by IE who my provider is?... Brother Glen :confused:

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, which version of IE, which is made by Microsoft. For example, I'm using 6.028 with Service Pack 6.1. A reinstall, or update, might fix the problem.

[ January 21, 2003, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: rsr ]

5. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

Yes that is good rsr. Also if you have Norton system Works you can check your windows for problems in Utilities, or you can use the "One Button Check". Chances are you have some window errors.

Go to:

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

Follow instructions. It is fairly easy.

[​IMG] Sherrie

[ January 22, 2003, 02:50 AM: Message edited by: Sherrie ]