1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Extinctions linked to hotter temperatures

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by moondg, Oct 24, 2007.

1. moondg

moondg Member
    Site Supporter

Whenever the world's tropical seas warm several degrees, Earth has experienced mass extinctions over millions of years, according to a first-of-its-kind statistical study of fossil records.
    And scientists fear it may be about to happen again — but in a matter of several decades, not tens of millions of years.
    Four of the five major extinctions over 520 million years of Earth history have been linked to warmer tropical seas, something that indicates a warmer world overall, according to the new study published Wednesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071024...s&printer=1;_ylt=Akyb.vZIRqZI_UrtFIMiDJRxieAA

WOW we had global warming over 500 million years ago.
    I guess this pops Gores bubble:laugh: .

2. Pete

Pete New Member

That'll be the part the fans of this stuff sulk about here.

Thing I don't get about it all is scientists claim we randomly came from nothing, will go to nothing, and could get wiped out by The Big One™ when Bruce Willis is no longer around to protect us....but for some reason our random species has to worry about being done in by random events....

Even IF the sky is falling and it's all our fault :)laugh:) these dudes are going to have to come up with a better excuse than "because it's there" to do something about it. My random atoms just don't care what their random atoms think, and I win because randomness randomly gave me more atoms....even after diet ;)

3. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen or go extinct.