1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezekiel 18 Falling away and become wicked

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Kay, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: So can I assume then that you are saying that until we do some works (put that belief into action as you put it) we cannot be saved, for salvation must follow belief, and belief is not believe until we ‘put that belief into action,’ right?

HP: Then you would be at odds with BGTF, for he said that belief was a mental assent. You seem to indicate that belief is not enough even though Scripture informs us that belief is all the Lord required, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.”

2. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Wrong phrase search. Try what BGTF wrote. “Belief on.” Maybe it was a typo on BGTF’s part.

3. standingfirminChrist

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.

Commit your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I don’t know. That sounds a lot like salvation by works to me. When you start saying that man must do something to be saved, like forming intents to trust, that almost sounds like some Arminian friends of mine. :smilewinkgrin:

5. ByGracethroughFaith

ByGracethroughFaith New Member

Amen.

BGTF

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: Not you to!?:smilewinkgrin:

7. standingfirminChrist

I have come to expect such from HP. He has come against every Biblical doctine I have ever stood for here on the BB.

His arrogance toward me only strengthens my faith in the God of the Bible.

I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.

I am persuaded that the Christ in whom I have placed my trust will confirm me to the end as He promised. I am convinced that He will be faithful as His Word proclaims Him to be and that because He cannot lie, He will present me blameless in the day of the Lord Jesus Christ.

HP can rail against me all he wants. Christ Jesus is standing in my defense. He is my advocate when the accuser of the brethren comes against me.

8. ByGracethroughFaith

ByGracethroughFaith New Member

Now it's your turn.

BGTF

9. Heavenly Pilgrim

Hey. I just thought of something. Could committing your trust involve your will? If it does, can I row with you guys? :thumbs:

10. standingfirminChrist

You'd better believe it, HP. It is a matter of life and death.

Believe on means Commit trust in. Look it up.

11. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: What if I was to say then that trust, a committal of the will to form intents in agreement with Gods conditions, is a condition to salvation? Would that be adding works to grace, involving man's will along with God's plan?

12. standingfirminChrist

Many people believe just because they repeated a simple prayer or spoke the words, 'I believe' that that saves them. It cannot be further than the truth.

The devils even believe who Jesus is. If they did not believe who He was, they would not work so hard against Him.

But the devils are not saved, nor can be.
    Here are people professing who Jesus is and are not saved. Lip confession is not enough, heart possession must be evident as well.

Uh-oh, there is that word that means 'commit trust' in again.

13. Heavenly Pilgrim

SFIC: Could you answer my last post directly? Thanks.

14. Heavenly Pilgrim

While waiting for a response from SFIC, let me ask another question. Where does repentance fit into this belief, this trust, this committal of the will, or does it?

15. standingfirminChrist

One cannot eat strong meat until one grows on the sincere milk. Study the truths I have posted already. When you have received them, then you will be ready for strong meat of the Word.

16. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This thread subject is on Ezek 18 -- I did not start it but I am happy to read ALL scripture for "ALL scripture is given by inspiration from God AND IS valid and to be used for doctrine" 2Tim 3:16-17

But in the case of Ezek 18 -- we could just as easily be looking at Matt 18 "Forgiveness revoked" and we would see the same point "again".

in Christ,

Bob

17. standingfirminChrist

In the case of Ezekiel 18 we could just as easily look at Luke 11. "Righteous acts" and we would see the same point.

Man in Luke 11 is shown to be evil and yet does righteous acts. Just as the man in Ezekiel 18.

18. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God says the man in Ezek 18 is "righteous" and that he "shall live"

In the same way God says the man in Matt 18 is "Forgiven" of all his sin debt.

In the case of Matt 18 -- that "forgiveness is revoked"

Christ said the SAME thing would happen to HIS followers if they chose not to forgive others -- freely forgiving others JUST AS they have been forgiven.

In the case of Ezek 18 - the man turns from what God calls "righteous" and returns to his "wicked" state. God says "he will NOT live" IF he TURNS.

In Christ,

Bob

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree, OT righteousness was via the law which is not the vehicle of salvation.

Heb 7:11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

20. standingfirminChrist

In the case of Luke 11, the unsaved are doing righteous acts
    In the case of Ezekiel 18, the unsaved are doing righteous acts.