1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

F1 Racing

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I know there aren't many, if any, F1 fans other than me around here, but the 2008 season gets underway in less than 2 weeks and it should be very intriguing. The FIA took away driving aids like traction control and the engine braking system that made the racing more about the cars than the drivers. This year, we should see racing that's more about the drivers than the cars, and this is a very good thing. If you're interested, there's a nice article at the F1 site about driving without the aids. The thing that surprised me the most is that the drivers are within 3 or 4 tenths of what they used to run with the aids. Very impressive.

The ending of the 2007 season was excellent as Kimi Raikkonen won at Brazil to win the championship. I think the lack of driving aids will make this a good season, and, you never know, but maybe we'll actually get to see an on-track pass for the lead in 2008. :thumbs:

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I used to be much more of a fan. I just prefer competitive racing, and F1 is hardly that. But I do enjoy watching from time to time.

3. JustPassingThru

Site Supporter

I take a peek from time to time to see if anything captures my attention. I'll do that again this year, but I'm not too hopeful.

#3 JustPassingThru, Mar 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
  4. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I have a good friend who was stationed in Sicily for 6 years, and he developed his taste for f1 there. He has sparked my interest, but unlike NASCAR, I cannot keep my interest through a majority of a race. What should I do to cultivate an interest? (I guess I should mention that w/o cable or satellite, there are no channels I can watch F1 on...)

5. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm not sure if CBS is carrying any races this year or not. In the past couple of years, they've broadcast the races from Imola and Monte Carlo, but I don't know about this year. SpeedTV broadcasts the rest of the races, but that's a cable channel.

6. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

I suppose this would be an excuse (though somewhat flimsy) to visit Monte Carlo...