1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Facing a Book of Trouble

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Alcott, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel crushed. My Facebook account was hacked, and the password, email, and phone number associated with it have been changed to not mine. One can take care of a forgotten password by asking for a code on one's email or phone to create a new one, but since they were changed to ones I don't recognize, I can't get the code. Yesterday I tried creating a new account and submitting a report about what has happened. There was no action or response. Then last night got on the new profile on my phone and found a forum of Q & A and stated that I need to get my old account back. That just immediately got the new account disabled. I probably just complicated the problem.

So Fb apparently won't help me if I do not log in, and I can't log in because they won't help me. This would not be so important if I hadn't been using Fb too much to save things important to me-- photos, essays, poetry; much of which are not saved elsewhere.

Does anyone have any idea what to do in this case? I don't know if it matters, but just a week ago there was some kind of hacking and my Friends got a new friend request from me, and at least a couple of them said they would report it, and I got an email acknowledging that, which said they would inform me "when a decision has been made."