1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Fact or Faked? Women & Divorcees Can Pastor SBC & Some IFB Churches

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by fortytworc, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God ordained male leadership throughout the Bible, there are NO verses to suport that Heapproves of females in roles of pastor/Elders, so again, JUST list a single verse to show that it was ONLY addressing cultural norms of the Bible times andwas Not meant for all times!

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There are two "cultural mandates" given in 1Cor.11. Both are called "ordinances" in the KJV, although one is a command and the other is an ordinance of the local church as we know it. The first is the headship of the man as symbolized by the head covering. The second is the ordinance of the Lord's Supper as celebrated with the eating and drinking of the bread and wine to symbolize the death and blood of Christ and the cross. It is apparent that the first is ignored while the second is kept. Yet both are commanded.

Is the Lord's Supper only a "culturally mandated" ordinance as well? Why not, if the head covering is done away? Why do away with one "culturally mandated" command, and not the other?

3. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

Even if I and others are mistaken concerning women as pastors I think there is plain scripture in ICor 11 that women can teach men. If women wear head coverings they are to be able to pray and prophesy In the church meeting, Out loud, With men and women present. Many consider the right to prophesy would = teaching.

4. fortytworc

fortytworc Member

I'm sure this is not new to you ,therefore will not be enough for you, but...Priscilla and Aquilla ministered in similar fashion as Paul and Barnabas.
    Rom.16:3-5 Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my helpers in Christ Jesus, 4 who have laid down their own necks for my life; to whom not only I give thanks, but also the churches of the nations. 5 Likewise [greet] the church that is in their house.
    They were leaders in their house church.She taught men

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man mighty in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus. 25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord. And [being] fervent in the spirit, he spoke and taught the things of the Lord diligently, knowing only the baptism of John. 26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue. And Aquila and Priscilla heard him, and they took him and expounded to him the way of God more perfectly. Eph.4:11 And truly He gave some [to be] apostles, and some [to be] prophets, and some [to be] evangelists, and some [to be] pastors and teachers. Priscilla was recognized Teacher in the "churches of the nations.
    Since the word man is often either neutral or translated in ways that can include women I would ask if you can give one scripture that names a man who is a pastor/elder in a church setting.

#64 fortytworc, Apr 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2012