1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fairness on the forum

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Michael Wrenn, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I have just now caught up on my reading of the rest of the Mohler thread, which has been closed.

I want to point out something here, which is the absolute 100% truth; all anyone needs to do to verify that is to read back through the Mohler thread.

I started out by saying that I could not be objective because of my opinion of Mohler. I hold him in disdain. I stated that. As far as I know, Mohler is not a member of this forum, so I did not attack anyone on this forum personally, and yet I get personally attacked in the most insulting and vile manner by several. Then I responded to the lies and insults. Perhaps I went too far in calling one person a punk, but when I am attacked first, I don't always respond rationally or in a Christ-like manner; I respond the way I was responded to.

And yet these people who attack me personally first, in response to my stated opinion about a person not a member of this forum, are allowed to get away with their personal attacks. And they continued with the lies and insults without penalty, for several pages -- long after I stopped responding.

Anyone can see the truth of this by reading the thread. I always thought that this board was at least fair, but I don't believe that anymore, based on what happened in the Mohler thread.

Those who have attacked me and lied may have done it with impunity here, but God has taken note. He will fight my battles, and I am content to leave it in His hands.

I was vehemently attacked here years ago. I wonder whatever happened to Chris Temple.

P.S. I would like to go back and make a note of who were the worst offenders in that thread toward me, but I don't like reading it because the lies are sickening.

***Moderator note*** Screen names you mention are withdrawn

#1 Michael Wrenn, Jun 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2012
  2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

While I disgree with your theology in several areas what you said here is correct and a common practice.

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

***Moderator note***

Brother Wrenn

I am going to let your post stand as read but am going to close it ---- I feel there is no need in having anyone else posting---the post you have can stand on its own!!

Have a good day and tell the folks I know in Charleston hello!!!

Bro. David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.